Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Drive: 2006 Mazda5

At first glance, its styling makes it easy to mistake for a minivan; it isn't until you park it alongside the real thing that its more compact size becomes apparent. It's only about 15 mm longer and 80 mm taller than the Mazda3 Sport hatchback upon which it's based.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
THAT'S what that thing was! i came across one of those the other day. it was going the other way, but i glanced at it long enough to know it was some sort of Mazda. not bad looking.

Mike

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I am getting annoyed with Mazda's new marketing scheme of making A/C optional so they can advertise a more favorable base MSRP....even though it'll be impossible to buy one equipped/priced that way.

Cool little minivan though....its gonna be interesting to see if there is actually a market for this thing.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I am getting annoyed with Mazda's new marketing scheme of making A/C optional so they can advertise a more favorable base MSRP....even though it'll be impossible to buy one equipped/priced that way.
Hmmm.. Valid point.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Reminds me of an Aerio

I'm not sure whether thats good or bad, I'm just indifferent lol. The 5 doesn't look awful or anything, it just isn't something that grabs my attention like the 3 or the 6 does.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Reminds me of an Aerio

I'm not sure whether thats good or bad, I'm just indifferent lol. The 5 doesn't look awful or anything, it just isn't something that grabs my attention like the 3 or the 6 does.
well considering aerios are bad...this 5 looks bad too

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
It’s a euro thing, a compact minivan. Just like the Windstar was based on the Taurus (standard size US car, to make the standard size minivan) The Mazda 5 is based on the Mazda 3 (standard size euro car, to make the standard minivan)

If gas prices continue to clime here in the states, to levels more in line with the rest of the world, its only a matter of time for our cars to shrink to normal sizes.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
not too excited bout it...l=ooking forward to the Mazdaspeed 3 tho

spy photos and info in the new car/driver and road/track

1 - 12 of 12 Posts