·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm

Photo-illustration by Brenda Priddy & Company

New Miata will be longer, roomier

© Brenda Priddy & Company
The next Miata, codenamed J04, is expected to arrive early in 2005, but will likely be sold as an early 2006 model year entry. The Miata will be riding on a longer wheelbase, and will measure in a bit longer as well. Slightly roomier inside -- occupants will find a bit more headroom, legroom and even more cargo area in the trunk.
Sources tell us the standard engine will be a 1.8-liter VVT four, with a possible rotary engine offered as an option. Enthusiasts are hoping for a lightweight V6 option, but there is no indication that will become a reality.
The new Miata is expected to be offered with ESP (Electronic Stability Program), as well as bigger brakes and 4 airbags.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by jRock:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Drive one and you'll understand: The Miata is an incredible car. At 130,000 miles my girlfriend's '90 Miata can outhandle almost anything on the road.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I know what you mean, the Miata is a great handling car. I should have also posted that I was refering to the styling vs. the current. I wish I owned a current Miata w/ JRSC aww yea!!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Originally posted by wonj:
rotary engine option? that might be nice!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Then it would be the RX-5 not the MX-5! hehe

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the Miata has had my fancy for a couple months now. mainly from seeing them in action at the auto-x course... but this new one its.. well...

****ING AWESOME!

OMG i love it.

iunno bout that whole rotary thing, i would hafta see the power figures, and what it did to the weight and balance of the car, but im allways open to explore new things. heh

i WANT a Mazda 6S with the rare-ass 6 speed, but for 27ish grand, its out of my league.

if this new miata with the rotary is less than 25.................... goooood God.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Why does every frick'n car ALWAYS get bigger, fatter, more expensive??? Look at the Camry, Accord, Sentra, CR-V, Corolla, etc.
If a car is reported to have perfect stability, handling, power to weight issues why MUCK WITH IT??? Look at what happened to the 240-Z to the death of the 300-Z. Bigger, fatter, more plush, less nimble. Same issue with the Toyota Supra small light weight car that got big and fat and over priced and then they did not sell enough to make a big enough profit and they stopped importing them to the USA.

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Looks sweet.
Maybe a bit of S2000 in it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Amazing how it becomes stylish to make unattractive cars. S2000, RX-8 and apparently soon the Miata will join the trend. I just saw a late gen. rx-7 up close for the first time and those things ooze sex and the Miata's I've been seeing look good. The RX-8 and this picture of the new Miata both look like awkward cars. Ah well, I was excited thinking that I might fit in a Miata but its engine has always been on the wrong side of the car, so it's not much of a loss to me. I'll stick to considering the Elise and MR-S.

[ 04-24-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: proxemac ]

·
Registered
759 Posts
S2000

new focus platform maybe?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
It will get the 2.3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts