Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i know most of you have heard the news about the 2007 supra and all, but here is some new stuff i think. Just picked up the brand new issue of SPEED magazine by Road and Track and it shows some more info on the car.

"Code named the 270L in Japan, this can possibly be the next supra...rumors include that the next-gen will have a Honda SH-AWD system...however the front engine/rear-wheel drive combo will more likely happen first with a turbo'ed version of the Lexus IS 350's 3.5l..."

only reason im really posting about this is that they showed the first photo without camo, and unfortunetly i dont have a scanner. But from the photo, the only image i can draw is that its looks entirely way too much like the NEW ECLIPSE
...yes i kno, scary as hell. The picture they show literally can be mistaken for an eclipse with a different front bumper and a toyota symbol. And jetters this is no drawing, a photo of a concept car...

checked the site, but they dont have that photo online and i googled all morning sry

-chris

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
I really wish they would come out with a car to compete against the 350Z. From the reports I've seen, the Supra replacement is estimated to be at like $60,000?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Every American car maker's nightmare, Toyota teaming up with Honda.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
But aren't they canning the Celica? What do us little guys get for a sporty car from Toyota?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
toyota has sucked since the late 90s.
Right. That's why they're outselling everyone except for GM this year.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i did sum investigating and this is what i found in pix.
personaly i this it is ugly
yeh the exact pics everyone has seen already thats why i didn't post em....

they are in the july issue of SPEED magazine

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
I mean in the "performance" car segment.

Toyota used to have world leaders.... alltrac, mr2 turbo, supra. Now what do they have? The Celica GTS.... not only is the car a piece of crap, they've done away with it.

They don't have a single worth while car any more. They have become Buick in my mind.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
That's because Toyota is reputed for their reliablility. Ask anyone who owns a new Toyota if they bought it because they thought it was awe-inspiring....

In today's chaotic world, solidarity is pretty important, so they go out and buy a Toyota because they're less likely to break down, nothing more.

This new Supra looks goofy. I hope they improve it some, but then again Toyota's styling team doesn't really do anything for me, as Hocky said, not since the late '90's.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
right, cause after all only the best cars sell well dont they.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"i didn't start the fire"

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
rumors include that the next-gen will have a Honda SH-AWD system...
What?

I may be out of the loop, but I was under the impression that Honda and Toyota execs would sooner commit seppuku than help the other company.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
I was under the impression that Honda and Toyota execs would sooner commit seppuku than help the other company.
On the contrary... As we speak, Toyota is assisting Honda in turning Massimo into a killer robot ninja. He won't be able to lift anything heavy or sprint fast off the line, but once he's up to speed he screams for such a small displacement fella. You see, temporary aliances can be forged to purge the land of the the white devil and their black ships!!! LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
On the contrary... As we speak, Toyota is assisting Honda in turning Massimo into a killer robot ninja. He won't be able to lift anything heavy or sprint fast off the line, but once he's up to speed he screams for such a small displacement fella. You see, temporary aliances can be forged to purge the land of the the white devil and their black ships!!! LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts