Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up guys new to the forum but I used to own a svt zx5. I replaced the engine on my wife’s 2010 focus and I’m at the point where I have to tighten the axle nuts but the spin and when I try an out the transmission in park from the manual selector lever it doesn’t seem to work any advise ideas would be appreciated thanks in advance

·
I
13,460 Posts
Tighten them down as much as you can, and then tighten like you do lug nuts - Pop out the center cap in the wheel and lower the car down a bit onto the tire to hold the hub from turning. Torque to spec.

Or, place a breaker bar or pry bar through the wheel studs, brace against the ground, and tighten.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tighten them down as much as you can, and then tighten like you do lug nuts - Pop out the center cap in the wheel and lower the car down a bit onto the tire to hold the hub from turning. Torque to spec.

Or, place a breaker bar or pry bar through the wheel studs, brace against the ground, and tighten.
Thank you so much do you know what position the manual selector goes to for park

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.