Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, came out to the car this morning... power locks would not unlock. Unlocked with the key and it seemed like the battery was dead. Put the key in and the car started up just fine... however it was as if the battery was still dead. I had no power locks, no radio... etc. The dash had "tire pressure sensor fault" and the tire pressure logo flashing. Otherwise it was running with no accessories turning on. I unhooked the battery for a minute, rehooked it up and it started back up and all was back to normal...

Anyone run into this? Is the battery going on the fritz and not playing nice with the body control module? let me know, thanks!

-mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well its been a few months and it did it again... came to car after work.... seems dead.. but can start... no door locks, windows, interior lights, headlights, and the tire pressure sensors going nuts.... looked at ford service book.... looks like the computer that controls the exact items not functioning is the "smart junction box" or the "GEM" - generic electronic module? battery checked to 100%.... im not too concerned unless it starts acting up frequently... but anyone have any experience with this or replacing it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts