Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurred to me to ask this to one of you Steeda guys, as you'd have a more definite answer for me than anything anecdotal. This might well be a silly question...

As you very well know, the 2012s+ come with a factory hood liner, that as far as I can tell, is there more for sound deadening (it's pretty much Dynamat) than heat shielding (unless I'm totally wrong, which if I am, please correct me). Does the Steeda cold air intake for the Focus seal against the hood itself as well as it would seal against the hood liner? Would I actually be hurting performance by removing it? I took it off (it can be put in with the plastic pins in about 2 minutes) and noticed no appreciable difference when driving, in terms of response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It occurred to me to ask this to one of you Steeda guys, as you'd have a more definite answer for me than anything anecdotal. This might well be a silly question...

As you very well know, the 2012s+ come with a factory hood liner, that as far as I can tell, is there more for sound deadening (it's pretty much Dynamat) than heat shielding (unless I'm totally wrong, which if I am, please correct me). Does the Steeda cold air intake for the Focus seal against the hood itself as well as it would seal against the hood liner? Would I actually be hurting performance by removing it? I took it off (it can be put in with the plastic pins in about 2 minutes) and noticed no appreciable difference when driving, in terms of response.
I spoke to our engineering department in regards to your question and this is what they have provided me:

It would be extremely difficult to quantify the difference in performance with and without the hood liner. But the seal most likely would not contact the hood inner structure with the liner missing. That maybe is ¼ inch gap though. So not much "hot" air would get through.

The biggest reason not to remove the hood liner is heat.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking into it for me! You guys are top-notch. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts