Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this today.

As I was taking the pics guy came out to talk about his car. I asked him what the 3 meant, he said "It's a Stage III Phase III. That means it's supercharged (thought they all were :rolleyes: ) and it made 100 more HP over the Stage II. 625 HP."

I said "Wheel horsepower", he said "Yeah, real horsepower." Then I said at the wheels, brake horsepower.

625 RWHP, 6 speed, California Special leather seats were a special order. 0 - 60 in about 4 seconds, 1/4 mile in around 10. Said its his daily driver.

Also spotted a Hyundai Genesis Type R coupe. Had a fart can muffler, sounded like a Honda droning along the highway, and rear valance was made for dual exhaust twin tips. Looked kind of odd. Red Brembos, car was red, black accents and wheels.

And talked with a guy at a gas station while I was filling up. XLR-V, license plate said XLRVZR1. Saw me looking at it, and said "Yeah, it's got a ZR1 engine in it. Bought it new and about a year later found a ZR1 that was rolled. Only parts salvageable were the engine and transmission."

Easy swap I'd suppose, as the XLR-V was basically a Corvette underneath. Same engine, but not a 32 valve Mercruiser designed and built V8.

Saw an SVO Mustang that looked pretty good. Must have been a survivor or an older respray.

And a V8 SHO Taurus, with Mustang wheels. Vanity plate said V8 SHO, dual exhaust with some better mufflers. Definitely not a sleeper, as it sounded great!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Stage one is pretty much just a fancy body kit. I believe stage 2 is stage one plus intake, exhaust, tune, and suspension.

Stage 3 is all the above with supercharger added.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts