Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from the dyno and these are the results:

204.2whp & 148.6wtq

This is with no cool down (drove up, ran 1 pull and left).

HP is pretty much in line with JR's #s, but TQ is down. Could it be the 2.5" Borla or the FS CoolFlo? I don't know.

I'm satisfied with the results - they're pretty much what I was expecting - but if you think that throwing a lot of other mods to a JRSC is going to net you additional power, I think you're in for a surprise.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's a really nice peak HP. Assuming it was at 7200 rpm? Torque does seem a bit low. Perhaps Jackson may shed some light on that? I would think the larger diameter exhaust would complement the F/I.

Thanks for sharing, and let us know what you find out.
~Dave

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Those are the kind of #s I expected. And your right. You won't get alot more power because of mods. I do think that the mods you have, help flow air better and allow the car and system to run more efficiant.
A smaller pulley and fuel mangement is the only way to get more power, like they did with the big boost kit. IMO

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly.

Even bigger injectors and proper fuel management would probably show an improvement.

I'd like to get a "cool" run in sometime, but this was mainly to see if I f'd up anything in the install.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I see. Well those are killer numbers man! Very nice. That trq does seem a little low. You might want to give JR a call and see if they have any input on that. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
What ECU code are you running? I know Gandalf's A/F ratio was something crazy like 10:1 w/ RLA1 (or 2?) and running that lean will definitely suck a good deal of torque out of your system. I *believe* SVT leaned out the mix a little under RLA6.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Got to wonder how good rla7 will be. With Microsoft involved I bet we wont be disapointed.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys, c'mon...M$ has NO involvement in the SVT Focus.

Anyway, it's not all I was expecting, but I love how it drives so I guess that's all that matters, right?

Also, I didn't run a baseline so it's possible I had a slug from the plant...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
So, no call to JR? When I have mine installed and have those numbers I will call JRSC. And, tell them to hurry up with the "big boost kit".....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts