Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20k on my orginal 2002 SVT\'s Conti?

well. i hit the 20k mark and my front tires seem to be having trouble holding tire pressure and one of my back tires I had to plug, cause dam patches seem not to work on these tires too well.

Should I stick with the stock brand from tirerack? or do you guys have any suggestions that work well with the 2002 SVT? Also, I live in southern jersey about an 90 mins from Newark, DE where they ship these tires. Is there anyway I could pick them up and get them put on the wheels @ the center? Thanks for all suggestions in advance.

- Keith

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Re: 20k on my orginal 2002 SVT\'s Conti?

Ive put BFG G-force sports on several SVT's and IS300's at work (National Tire and Battery) and have had zero complaints. I also run a 215/45-17 on my ZX3 and will be using G-force sports as a replacement for my Ziex-512's.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

hmm. i might give them a try. Does anyone have any clue if i can pick up the tires I purchase from Tirerack @ their shipping headquarters in Newark?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

i stuck with the contis because i had a flat and had to replace assymetrically. My conti's last roughly 27K miles, I think they are pretty good tires, and really I have no complaints.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yeah. if i stick with the conti's i'll probably invest in some winter tires then, they didn't do too well this last winter.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

My Contis also very suddenly went south after 20000 miles. I replaced them with Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires in 215/45/17 and have been very satisfied with them so far.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

Well here are some picts of my Conti's with about 30,000m on them.

Well this was about 2 weeks after a track day so that is why they are so beat up. I an thinking I will need new ones before the wet weather rolls in. I don't feal safe doing 60mph in heafy rain.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yeah mine look similiar and i have the same worries. There are too many good choices to go with for tire selection. I'd rather hear bad comments about tires ;P, make it easier for me to choose.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Mine don't look so bad, but they too are having trouble keeping pressure. What gives? (They have 18k on them)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts