Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
225 Width tires on stock SVT 7\" Rims?

I am looking to get a set of 225R45/17 tires for autoX next year. The stock size on the car is 215R45/17, if I go to 225 will I get rubbing on the strut?

I searched around and most people seem to be questioning if they can run 7.5" rims I am wanting to keep the rims I have on the car, just mount 225 meats onto them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 225 Width tires on stock SVT 7\" Rims?

hmm I'll just wait till Falken releases the 215R45/17 Version of the new RT-615

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

if you can use 205/40/17 on the svt rims, then you can get em now, and looks like the rt-615 is available. this will also make the tire diameter less and should improve acceleration over stock size. it will be lower profile than stock

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

hmm I'll just wait till Falken releases the 215R45/17 Version of the new RT-615
IF you want em get em!!! I had 225/45-17 Kumho MXs on my car for a while with the drop of my H&R coilovers, which at full height is lower than most street "drop" springs that are out there and I only rubbed if i had people riding in teh back or hit a bump while cornering relatively hard. If I could have afforded the extra $50 i would have gone back to the 225s. I guess its a personal choice as to whether or not you can put up with a rub here or a rub there. The place where my rubbed was at the back of the wheel well, where the front facsia meets the front door/rest of car.

CCC

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

I tried the 205/40/17 and I'm not a huge fan. There just isn't enough sidewall and it's much easier to bend a rim on the street.

The 225/45/17 is much wider and has a lot more grip. You can do the stock svt rim like me, but I'd prefer a lightweight 7.5" rim. You will more than likely need to roll your fender lip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts