Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... from my last post, I was making great numbers w/ my dry shot of nitrous, but I was running so lean that I was cooking through plugs at a firghteningly fast rate..

I got my 24# injectors and Tekin and I installed them last night.

I dont have my calibrated MAFS yet, but we managed to get the car to run. The main issue was too much fuel at low RPM causing the engine to cut.

We bumped up the idle sufficiently which cured that issue... Now the car runs beautifully, but it's chewin through gas like it's goin outta style

Anyways... im definately not going to have this issue w/ running super lean AS IS... but when my recal MAFS comes in next week things will be balanced again for the most part...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can adjust my fuel map manually to maintain a safety margin while spraying?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Is it possible to trick the fuel pressure sensor into thinking there is more fuel pressure than there really is?
Than it would slow down the fuel pump and it would run like normal with the larger injectors, but while your spraying you would want the presure back up.
I know the computer relearns a AFC, but that is more done throught the air flow meter rather than the fuel pressure sensor, maybe this would work?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I was thinking...

does anyone know if there is some sort of aftermarket fuel preassure regulator?

i'll have my calibrated MAFS in a week, but after I get that I'd still like to be able to tune my fuel map to reach optimum A/F while spraying

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
No there is a way to trick it, but I don't know how. I remember a good bit ago some ppl doing it. It was discussed in here do a search

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
When your recal MAF gets here IF it is correct you will be doing the same amount of fuel in the engine as the stock injectors

My 96lb injectors put out the same amount of fuel as the stock ones (not in boost) but i tell them to do more where it is needed

Going to larger injectors alone wont help add any more fuel and anything like the maftuner will be there all the time not just when you are on notrous

Tom

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Why not get it chipped kevin?

Anyways the "afterburner" is what you want I think, don't know if anyone around here has used it yet and it ain't cheap.

www.mafterburner.com

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...

where I stand now I gotta do something... so i'll add the MAFS and just lay off the juice until some more tuning options become available (from what I hear from a good source, something new is coming VERY soon
).

Gig, I have a diablo chip sitting on my dresser, but I have no faith in those guys anymore... I have gone through 4 programs w/ diablo... and of those 4 programs... NONE worked

i'll save that as a last resort... if worse comes to worse i'll drive to diablo headquarters here in FL and make sure it works before I go home!

what i'd REALLY like to do... is have mike at autologig finish the ATX focus program that has been incomplete for the past 2+ years so I can drive to NC and tune w/ Tom...

pipe-dreams

1 - 10 of 10 Posts