Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a fordchip for my car, but now I want to add a Pro-M 70mm Maf (24lb calibration from McNew's) and 24lb injectors to get ready for future mods. Has anyone tried this without sending the chip away to be re-burned?
On the old Mustangs this would have worked just fine, and on the new Lightnings it works too (but without the injector change), but what about the Focus?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I get all my stuff from Mcnew's and I had the superchip and I just put on the mac intake and the pro-m 70mm mass air meter and I left my injectors the same and I didn't have to get my chip recalibrated. you are able to put bigger injectors in to a certain point before you have to calibrate the chip, but mcnew's should know how far you can go with the injector size.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Since you have recal MAFS, the issue is whether the added timing resulting from the new COB curve will give you any detonation. I put 30lb injectors with a recal MAFS on my car and have not gotten any deto from that combo so I have not had to get a custom chip to pull excessive timing. I beleive that the added timing resulting from installing a recal MAFS is proportional to the size of the injectors so since yours would be only 1 step up from stock, you might be ok using that setup without changing the chip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts