Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bat now carries a meaty 28.5mm rear sway bar kit. The description is:
For some applications only a very large bar will do. Under demanding situations, this 28.5 mm bar helps keep front and rear tires firmly planted for improved traction. For proper balance, bar is recommended for use with 22mm front. Oversteer can occur when fitted with smaller front bars and may be desireable for some uses like rallying or drifiting.
$99.50

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
It's a STEEDA bar...

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Probably Daven.

(For anyone who doesn't get the joke, just search a few of his posts.)

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Yeah, j0eyabs has this bar, it is HUGE. I still want to drive an all stock focus with nothing but the 30/33 Marcy bars.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
What sort of control arm bracing and endlink upgrades do you have to make with a bar thats 28.5mm rear

or marcy's 30/33 setup? I can't imagine that stock control arms and endlinks will hold up very long to those sorts of forces

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Cast iron control arms, I'd imagine.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
That is a beefy bar. I cannot imagine how that would feel though. The car would literally be on rails.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
The bar works well, however, the fitment on the unit I bought is far from ideal. The arms are too short and place a preload on the endlinks. I contacted Steeda regarding this, and mine measured the same as the others they had. I obviously cannot say that it will happen to you, but I would ask for measurements (link hole to bar) and recolcile bersus OE before purachse.

I chopped off the ends, welded on metal bars horizontal to the originals and made mine adjustable. This solution required the use of heim joints.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Do you have any pics? This sounds awesome!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Wow. Nice work. So you made those endlinks.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Wow. Nice work. So you made those endlinks.
No, those are bought. Just search around. I got mine from a Nissan outfit. The cutting and welding is not nearly as pretty as what is pictured, but it works just the same.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
That bar/link setup looks a whole lot the 24mm 3-way I've been running for 2 1/2 years.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
That bar/link setup looks a whole lot the 24mm 3-way I've been running for 2 1/2 years.
Yup, but I did a DIY job because of necesity. I wanted the biggest rear bar I could find and had no real desire to make adjustable, but because of the poor fit, it would bind the liks and result in snap oversteer. So I fixed the problem and made a quick enhancement at the same time. I see no reason why a normal person would want to do this.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
a normal person
The first step at helping yourself is recognizing that you have a problem

I am sure that I can get any readily availible diameter bent up with heim-style endlinks...adjustable or not in case anyone cares.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
a normal person
The first step at helping yourself is recognizing that you have a problem

I am sure that I can get any readily availible diameter bent up with heim-style endlinks...adjustable or not in case anyone cares.
Got a picture of the links? I found that the Focus uses a very short endlink that can bind quite easily.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I may be interested in trying this out on the rear.

Would this be an OK set up in the rear with the front bar being a regular Eibach bar?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts