Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just took some aftermarket OBX exhaust 4-1 headers that eliminated the cat off my brothers ZTS. The OBX headers had two openings for the o2 sensors. I noticed that on the stock headers I can only find a spot to put one of the o2 sensors in and that is after the catalytic converter. The plug that goes there is green. Anyone know where the other o2 sensor is located (blue)? I don't see it anywhere on the pre-cat header part.

Please help! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
We just took some aftermarket OBX exhaust 4-1 headers that eliminated the cat off my brothers ZTS. The OBX headers had two openings for the o2 sensors. I noticed that on the stock headers I can only find a spot to put one of the o2 sensors in and that is after the catalytic converter. The plug that goes there is green. Anyone know where the other o2 sensor is located (blue)? I don't see it anywhere on the pre-cat header part.

Please help! Thanks.
You won't find an O2 sensor bung on the stock Zetec header. There's an EGR bung, but the first O2 sensor bung is actually part of the catalytic converter. Also, the stock gasket can be reused. Clean it and both mating surfaces up with a scotch-brite pad and you're good to go.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
the first O2 sensore is taped onto the radiator fan, you gotta rip it off, it is attached with clips also, so you gotta get those to come out, then the other O2 sensor would be after the cat... beware that you might to buy an MIL eliminator for that one, because thats what turns on your CEL afetr you get a Race header.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts