Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the Drivers Rear Fender is all dented in!

We are doing the caravan on Friday, So I am going to try and push it out in the morning. The body shop said about 700 dollars in damage.

It's funny though, my brother's girlfriend's dad decided he had to backup without checking for a car behind him!

Atleast it's not my problem, since it's my brothers car now. It was my baby though, my first real love

So if you see a black SVT with a big ole dent in the side, license plate SVTSVT , just come by and say hi!

·
TEAM Member
733 Posts
Re: 3 Days before JetFest and my car gets run into

Bring a sharpie marker and tell everyone at JF to sign it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Now with pics!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

FYI when you are talking with your body shop it's called a quarter panel... the fender goes over the front rim, the quarter panel over the rear. no such thing as a "front quarter panel" or a "rear fender"

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts

FYI when you are talking with your body shop it's called a quarter panel... the fender goes over the front rim, the quarter panel over the rear. no such thing as a "front quarter panel" or a "rear fender"
Yeah its all good tho

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

Grab a suction cup, that looks like it would pizzop right out. L8er Jon

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Yeah, that really looks like it'll just pop out. That does look like a cheap fix.

You should really try a suction cup or something, or a dentmaster tool or something.

·
Wanna touch my tots?
6,805 Posts

look on the bright side. now it looks like you have wide fenders

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

Try pulling your interior panel off and pushing it out from the inside.
nope. there is an inner and outer quarter panel. you have the interior trim panel and right behind that is the inner quarter panel which is welded to the outer quarter panel.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

does that dent go into the body line? even if it DOES pop out, there could be scratches and dings in the paint we aren't seeing in those pics, in which case it would have to be repainted.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

Try pulling your interior panel off and pushing it out from the inside.
nope. there is an inner and outer quarter panel. you have the interior trim panel and right behind that is the inner quarter panel which is welded to the outer quarter panel.
Oh well, it was just a thought.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts

Oh I wasn't trying to be mean when I said that... I'm a claims adjuster but I'm still in training, so I've only got, like, 3 months of training going on. I just try to chime in where I know stuff

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

put a band-aid over the dent. I took my car to a car show after my rear bumper cover got bumped. I put a band-aid over the hole, and still won a trophey.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

put a band-aid over the dent. I took my car to a car show after my rear bumper cover got bumped. I put a band-aid over the hole, and still won a trophey.

AhAHAHAH,
Thank you, I am doing that.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

does that dent go into the body line? even if it DOES pop out, there could be scratches and dings in the paint we aren't seeing in those pics, in which case it would have to be repainted.

It doesn't go into the body line, it stops at the top of it. And yea I did know it was a rear quarter panel, I just was tired when I typed it out.

Can't wait til tomorrow!!! JetFest WOOT!

Ataru, Please don't forget to call me when you guys are about 20 miles outside of Rolla!(THANKS!!!)

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

That looks nasty. I still waiting to get hit or have my stuff stolen out of the car tonight. LOL....bad thoughts, bad thoughts...!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts