Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a three inch pipe work better then a 2.5" ??
The local Exhaust guru here in Eugene oregon stated that a three inch pipe with no cat is the best for HP and TQ gains. Is this true? If so, why. If not, why?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by mattndew676:
Does a three inch pipe work better then a 2.5" ??
The local Exhaust guru here in Eugene oregon stated that a three inch pipe with no cat is the best for HP and TQ gains. Is this true? If so, why. If not, why?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It depends..On Forced Induction...yes it will gain... on NA no it will hurt your performance..its to big for NA...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I believe he was trying to go with the cash factor. bigger pipe more money. thanks again. How about looseing the CAT? Is that bad? they dont do emission checks here in Oregon.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by mattndew676:
Thanks for the help. I believe he was trying to go with the cash factor. bigger pipe more money. thanks again. How about looseing the CAT? Is that bad? they dont do emission checks here in Oregon.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No Emissions check??? Lucky!! The biggest power adder you can do to our car is getting rid of that cat!!! Go with a Focussport Race Header & Flex Pipe combo matched with a Bosal Cat Back Exhaust...This is a nicceee setup!!! not loud at all and no drone...the tone kicks ass and it adds a crap load of get up and go power! This setup does get rid of the cat.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
CA.... I say screewww CARB!!! I need more power!
Besides our cars are very clean burning...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cal cars are very clean. But we have The land of green tree hippies. Oh Wait thats not exactly good. I knew lots of people in AZ that registered there cars here with family adresses so they could bypass the emission checks in Phoenix. tricky..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts