Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with Steve at SVT hedquarters. Was talking about stalling issues, hesitation, and other problems with the computer. He said we should see something in about thirty days at the dealers (guessing RLA7, but who knows how many times they tried and retried haha could be RLA20 for all I know). Has any one else heard this? Sorry if repost.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
First that I have heard of it but I wouldn't be surprised due to less then positive feedback from those that have received the RLA6 update and only correcting some major issues.Personally my SVTF runs fine as I still have the RLA2 just waiting for the bugs to be worked out from the RLA6 hopefully the newer one will address it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure hope so since Bill's company is involved now. (Microsoft)

·
Registered
476 Posts
if Microsoft is involved it is bound to mean we have to reset our car every other hour. And hackers can get in a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is a ver.2.5 something for the RLA6 mine is getting programmed tomorrow and a new rear bumper cover put on I should have it back by friday

·
Registered
11 Posts
will we be contacted by teh svt guys to let us know when a new program is out or is it up to us to just be on the ball? also where do you go to get the updates when they come out? will the dealers carry them?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes dealers will have them via a tsb. You go in and complain about your problem...ie surging, hesitating, and so forth. Then based on your complaints solutions come up on the computer. So if you dont have the problems relating to the new flash, then you shouldnt just go in and ask for it for no reason. What is this v 2.5? I have never heard of it? Please give more info, is this available at the dealers, what is the tsb #?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will ask the service manager he was the one telling me about it. All I know it is v2.5 and it is a TSB just recieved today.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm. Just called svt again, Kyle said that v2.5 is just RLA6 from tsb 03-4-4. Please give some more info on this v2.5, because Kyle seems to think it is just RLA6, because they have not released anything else since RLA6. Thanks.
David

·
Registered
16 Posts
To get the new ECU program, do I just goto the dealership and have them flash the computer?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
yeah, but you have to go in and actually tell them about the symptoms you are having and they need to match what the tsb is suppose to correct. Most dealers will also verify your car does have these symptoms. Kind of a crock of sh$t. If I want the update, give me the damn update!

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, but you have to go in and actually tell them about the symptoms you are having and they need to match what the tsb is suppose to correct. Most dealers will also verify your car does have these symptoms. Kind of a crock of sh$t. If I want the update, give me the damn update!
Yeah, my battery light seem's to flash every once in a while, and the car does tug around in 3rd gear at a normal speed.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hey if Uncle Bills company is really involved, can we just download the new updates by plugging out computer into our at home net???
I will be especially interested in the security patches... I just hope that this does not allow Ford remote access to our ECU's!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The 2.5 update is just the RLA6 prog. It did not fix my problem because I already had RLA6
. That is probably why the service manager no longer works there

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The 2.5 update is just the RLA6 prog. It did not fix my problem because I already had RLA6
. That is probably why the service manager no longer works there
thats what i thought. what a goober (service guy). you are right probably talked out of his ahole too much, and now hes gone. thanks for getting back, i was wondering about this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts