Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Not yet. I think that there is one guy getting ready to though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
15-18k depending on the add's

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What the hell would you pay that price for? You can probably have esslinger build you a bad ass all motor for less then that. Lighter, better gas mileage. Jesus Christ man!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Originally posted by doogie78:
What the hell would you pay that price for? You can probably have esslinger build you a bad ass all motor for less then that. Lighter, better gas mileage. Jesus Christ man!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Probably...but then again, if he's spending that amount for the TYPE of car/motor he's getting, do you think better gas mileage and less weight is at the top of his mind??

Honestly, good stuff man. REALLY nice. I have no doubt that that beast will be worth it. I say, if you have the money to spend, go for it. That's a real piece man..V8 Focus. Sweet stuff man.

·
Registered
293 Posts
no joke man. thats crazy. you can buy all the parts minus- engine,trans, rearend, in trunk gas tank, drive shaft, and battery box, for only 4500 on this one website that i saw. i wouldnt pay any more than maybe 10000-11000 for a complete kit then maybe then maybe another 1000-2000 for complete install.( wiring and all). total no more than 14000 complete. but thats just me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i just dropped my ride off in tavares florida for the conversion. should get it back in about 3 weeks. i can't wait. expensive, but i will love to see the face on the first yuppie driving a 45000.00 vette when i blow his doors off.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
look at "turbo tom's" reply in the turbo forum and you will find that the cost to build a turbo motor, trans, clutch, and all the hardware to run the whole thing cost him 14-15k. and it is still a front wheel drive 4 cyl.
i will have 345-350hp n/a. what do you think happens two a rear wheel drive with a 302 crate motor and only about 2000lbs when you install a little blower or some nos ? how about 500 hp!!!! thats some fun...
if cost were an issue, i would not be doing this. i would buy a zo6 vette. but the look on the face of the first honda guy i blow away, will be worth it...

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Originally posted by FocusPerformance.com:
Yeah I had a better burnout that accually melted holes in our new asphalt but me sister recorded over it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn family members!!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
There was a thread about the Kugel V8 Focus that was featured on Speed TV aweek or two ago....
BTW,since there are no Zetec 302's, this belongs in Pit Stop.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Originally posted by FocusPerformance.com:
In our car it isn't really a 302 its a 342 with over 440 horsepower. The best time with traction problems is 8.1 @ 87.5. Next year we are going with a double stage fogger.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">88 mph??? I know you had traction problems [and no doubt small problems] but 88mph only????? What happened? If you don't mind me asking, what's your highest trap speed?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Originally posted by big blue focus:
look at "turbo tom's" reply in the turbo forum and you will find that the cost to build a turbo motor, trans, clutch, and all the hardware to run the whole thing cost him 14-15k. and it is still a front wheel drive 4 cyl.
i will have 345-350hp n/a. what do you think happens two a rear wheel drive with a 302 crate motor and only about 2000lbs when you install a little blower or some nos ? how about 500 hp!!!! thats some fun...
if cost were an issue, i would not be doing this. i would buy a zo6 vette. but the look on the face of the first honda guy i blow away, will be worth it...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Different strokes for different folks. No doubt a V8 Focus is too sweet but a turbo 16v 2.0 like Tom's is also too sweet for words. All comes down to preference.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Originally posted by big blue focus:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Different strokes for different folks. No doubt a V8 Focus is too sweet to tell but a turbo 16v 2.0 like Tom's is also too sweet for words. All comes down to preference.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts