Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up my focus peeps i went to nopi the other day and ther was the ford racing exhibit and they had 2 zx3's with a 302 small block i almost fell and da ground i heard about it but i could not believe my eyes i got a price if anyones interested the swap costs about 3500.00 without tranny, no rear end, and some other hard ware. for more info go to ford racing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
each time I hear a price quote its less. Wondering if its actually getting cheaper or less material is being quoted in the "cost". Damn, I'd love a V8..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey all who are interested in the V8 swap. check out KugelKomponents.com. they have everything you need. $3500 for the motor only! The cradle, Stablizer bars, new crossmembers, new rack and pinion mount. and the 8.8 rear end will cost you bout 5 Gs alone. then you have to cut and move the shifter. and like $2500 for the tranny.. but they make a piece that you can just weld on that will cover the hole and fit the shifter. they use a super duty T-5 tranny! you dont have to buy all that from ford racing tho, ive seen tranny rebuilds for way les if $$ is the prob. the whole project will cost 10-15 G's. but for 300+ at the wheels. its worth it. no boost! no guages! no timers! just raw power and torque! Got my kit on the Way!!!! Ha Ha Ha
Maybe ill have it done by spring!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
5 g;s for a rear?...LOL r u on crack...i think they offer the kit with suspension for 1900...5 g's...lol...dude even with a dana 60, c clamp eliminators and new diff...it would be much less

·
Registered
20 Posts
about 5gs for the kit. INCLUDING the rear end, cradle, crossmember etc. Sorry! I didnt know i had a teacher looking over my shoulder checking my work. TO BE MORE SPECIFIC FOR THOSE WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A REASON TO CORRECT PEOPLE SO THEY CAN FEEL SMART... TRANSMISSION COVER FOCUS V8 $125.00 STEERING SHAFTS, U-JOINT & FLOOR MOUNT KIT FOCU $265.00 ENGINE CRADLE AND TRANSMISSION KIT FOCUS V8 $795.00 8.8 FORD REAR END INSTALLATON KIT FOCUS V8 $495.00 8.8 REAR AXLE COIL OVER INSTALLATION KIT FOCUS $695.00 MODIFIED SUSPENSION CROSSMEMBER MOUNT FOCUS V8 $475.00 FRONT SWAY BAR KIT FOCUS V8 $225.00 more or less depending on where you shop RUNNING YOU ABOUT 5Gs ...Jackass! If you have any questions ask mr know it all here... since he knows everything.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
What engine you using? I think the GT40 is kind of a waste. For the same money you could have a 351W in there with 420hp.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
15 Posts
what they need to do is put in the DOHC 4.6 cobra motor. but it prob doesn't fit because it's physical size is actually bigger than a 5.0...

·
Registered
395 Posts
what they need to do is put in the DOHC 4.6 cobra motor. but it prob doesn't fit because it's physical size is actually bigger than a 5.0...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it fits

·
Registered
116 Posts
The 4.6 Cobra engine is going into their Focus Wagon. You can not use a 351 because of the different size of the block. This kit uses all mustang parts so the placement of the motor mounts have to be from a 302. If you look at this link http://www.focusperformance.com/tpls/V8Info.tpl?command=Search&db=OurV8Info.db&neIndexdata=index&cart=3115714174499164 You can see our car that has a 342 stroker in it. This engine produces about 450 horsepower. If you have any questions you can feel free to give me a call 1-800-228-7346 and I can help you out. The kit isn't the cost factor the labor of installing this kit is what makes the price go up.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
heh...dun go off on me cause "you" made a mistake..i was just going by what u had said...so all of a sudden i'm a jackass cause u screw up? weird...

·
Registered
76 Posts
So, say someone has the motor, tranny, and a V8 rear end laying around, I dunno, say my garage.. What is my cost than? lol

I actully do have those parts, but man, where to begin a swap like that and I am sure that voids the warrenty

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have a seen mercur xr4ti with 302 fugger moved too. so i kinda figured 302 would fit in foci. damn, whyd you guys have too tell me about this (my wifes gonna be awfully pissed when she finds out how much this is gonna cost us). anybody know of a shop in new york (or around) thats trustworthy enough to do this???/

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
shame the deck height on a windsor is ~1in taller than a 302, thats prolly the difference. i have access 2 a windsor/c4 and 9inch (kit uses 8.8s, a 9 would prolly work as well, wonder if any1 has considered usin somethin other than a T5 tranny, like a C4)...oh well

-Ult

[ 09-25-2002, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts