Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...can it be done...

Swap Kit:
$4,600
Fox Lake Built 306 Bottom End:
$1,800

Those will probably be my two biggest expenses to save for...

Right now...I am looking to pick up a used T-5 for about $50

....oh....did I mention that the small wheel tubs are about $70 brand new

·
Registered
227 Posts
keep us posted on your project. I am curious how cheap you can make this work...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
With the rear drive swap kit we should be able to put just about any engine we want in..right?

Motor mount change?

Visions of an all aluminum twin turbo Chevy V6 are dancing in my head.

Or a rear drive Duratec 3.0 or 2.3 or a...you get the idea. Ummm, Mazda 13b (or a 20b)...ya, that's what I'm talking about.

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Phillip:
With the rear drive swap kit we should be able to put just about any engine we want in..right?

Motor mount change?

Visions of an all aluminum twin turbo Chevy V6 are dancing in my head.

Or a rear drive Duratec 3.0 or 2.3 or a...you get the idea. Ummm, Mazda 13b (or a 20b)...ya, that's what I'm talking about.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The cradle and mounts are made for a 302 and 351 and coming soon...4.6L DOHC Cobra motor.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wouldn't the most expensive cost be labor? Also, have you confirmed the kit works with the sedan? I know the sedan and ZX are the same in the engine compartment but aren't there differences in the rear area where the axle would be installed?

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
they should make a RWD that can take the Zetec. and put toms turbo on it. that could be fun. or the cossie engine in it. then we could have our own version of the A1-Rally Focus. who's in

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have pictures of the 4.6 in a a wagon

Koogel use the same mount. I have pictures if anyone wants to see them. As far as the ZX3 you have to run a fuel cell don't know about the 4dr & the wagon just looses the spare tire well. Koogle is working with a company in MI. to run the fuel injection for the 302 & 4.6.

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by BANDIT:
I have pictures of the 4.6 in a a wagon

Koogel use the same mount. I have pictures if anyone wants to see them. As far as the ZX3 you have to run a fuel cell don't know about the 4dr & the wagon just looses the spare tire well. Koogle is working with a company in MI. to run the fuel injection for the 302 & 4.6.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is what I like to hear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well...I am not positive but..once you have the read drive setup done, modifying the motor mounts for any engine you want will be easy....I have often thought of selling my ContourSVT and geting a ZX3 and doing it .....or there is also acompany that has an AWD setup for sale as well....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Originally posted by Judge:
Well...I am not positive but..once you have the read drive setup done, modifying the motor mounts for any engine you want will be easy....I have often thought of selling my ContourSVT and geting a ZX3 and doing it .....or there is also acompany that has an AWD setup for sale as well....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Quaife has a unit that utilizes the mtx-75 and zetec engine for AWD.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by Trey:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Judge:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Quaife has a unit that utilizes the mtx-75 and zetec engine for AWD.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Big bucks though isn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Originally posted by Red-SE-00':
The cradle and mounts are made for a 302 and 351 and coming soon...4.6L DOHC Cobra motor.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Must be pretty darn soon considering I've already seen a Focus with a 4.6L Cobra motor in it. It's a tighter fit than the 302, that's for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts