Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as some of you may or may not know, I have been driving my car un-dynoed at about 14psi. This is on a Totally stock zetec from intake manifold to exhaust gasket outfitted with the Top Speed Street turbo kit with GT3076r. Well I finally got around to throwing it on the dyno and it made about 280whp. So we decided to go for broke and turn it up! At 15psi It made 293whp & 291wtq. Then we wanted to go after the CLAIMED record at 320whp so a few lbs of boost later we ended up with 325whp and 320wtq!

And now comes the chart.

The dark red run was 15psi.

The blue run was 18psi but cut short by me not raising the boost cut on my EBC.

The red run was on the same boost as the blue just to confirm any doubts!

All runs were made on a Dyno Jet 224x and on 93 octane!

Updated Chart with 2K IM and 18.5-18.7 psi still stock longblock and 93 octane! Clutch was slipping.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Re: 325whp 320 wtq STOCK ZETEC

oh.... my..... Very impressive. What method of tuning is this being done with?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts

wow thats impressive

imagine how much power it would push with a really nice intake manifold, some cams with adj cam gears, and an extensively ported and polished head

and i think you need to adjust your sig ;)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

SCT software... but WHO is tuning it?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

That's amazing for 93 octane. Not judging or doubting but was wmi used? Out of curiosity what were your IAT's & ambient temps like? Seems like a really really efficient setup.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I tuned it with the assistance of Bryan at Top Speed.

No WMI and ambient was between 75-80. IATs were not much more than that maybe 10-15deg more.

To tell you the truth there was not a lot of tuning to be done. We just pulled a little timing, but after we breached the 300 mark we had to add fuel using the base fuel tables because the fuel pump could not keep up. At 290whp we had the appropriate 55psi of fuel pressure in boost till redline, but after that, it started falling off so we stopped at 325whp. Boost is like gambling sometimes you need to stop while you are still ahead!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

Congrats!!! Just simply amazing!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts

so how long till the thing pops? i dont think it would last too long in my hands....

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

If I remember IAT's were high 80s low 90s. We will have to look at the data logs tomorrow.

Very efficient!!!

I like that the HP & tq numbers are pretty close to one another at all the boost levels. Shows how well the kit works.

·
Banned
627 Posts

impressive number look good. are you driving around like that or just wanted to see what it could do

·
Banned
627 Posts

o also whats your ecu code

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I just wanted to see what it would do. I plan to keep it about 14psi. I dont really care about the motor but if i chucked the #3 or 4 rod through the block and took out the turbo I would be pretty pissed.

Why do you want to know my ecu code?

·
Registered
219 Posts

thats crazy thats its lasted this long. i figured if u hit 18psi once it would pop. i guess i feel comfortable if my boost were to spike for some reason lol.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts

i think you guys should build a zetec and see what the thing and really do at 25+psi on race gas with wmi

·
Banned
627 Posts

Cause the LFQ1 ecu code is known for its crazy knock sensor cause the strategies are different. i jus wanted to know what yours was

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

LUY4 The knock sensor is pretty aggressive IDK this is the only focus I have ever tuned so I wouldn't know.

·
Banned
627 Posts

Ya me and Tim who is doing the lsx build and some others have had trouble with the knock sensor but im gonna get my PCM reflashed to a diff code and see what happends. but whats your total timing

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

16 degrees... I feel that is still pretty conservative but not too low for 18psi and 93 octane. Like I said I would hate to chuck a rod right through that turbo.

I really haven't been running much more than that until we were tuning today on 14psi and our engine builder stopped but and suggested a little more timing may actually be better for the motor and bring the EGTs down. When we went to turn up the boost we pulled it back out though.

He knows his ****. He builds several 4K hp funny car motors a year and built the engines in the Ohio Steel Foutain race boat, from the 90s, that held the world speed record for several years.

1 - 20 of 481 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.