Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drove from San Diego California to Norfolk Virginia and avaraged 33 miles per gallon. This is with the tires at max psi, 2 people (driver included) and the back full of electronics and personal stuff to thee point that I would bottom out on the smallest bumps. 75mph was the avarage speed. Thats alot better than the 11mpg I get in the city. Oh, and no engine mods at the time. I'm impressed my new SVTF!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Only 11 mpg in the city?????? I thought my 22 mpg sucked.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Thats alot better than the 11mpg I get in the city.
The 33 mpg is impressive but is that correct ^^^^ 11 mpg city
If so something is either wrong with your calculations or something else because I tend to average 20.8 mpg mostly city driving a/c always on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got similar mileage when I drove down to Los Angeles a couple months ago..

Sometimes I thought the gas gage was broken

I was very impressed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I was getting about 35-36 MPG on my way from Seattle to Sacramento. I made it all the way through Oregon without having to stop for gas once. (I like to pump my own gas)

I usually get about 23-25 MPG driving around town.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was getting about 35-36 MPG on my way from Seattle to Sacramento. I made it all the way through Oregon without having to stop for gas once. (I like to pump my own gas)
Yeah, I just spent the whole summer in Oregon, and doesn't that suck?
Those pump monkeys are really at the bottom end of the workforce, and I'd never trust them *not* to spill gas on the car, or scratch the rear quarter panel with the nozel, etc. Luckily my SVTF didn't travel with me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts