Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering before i start heavely modding my engine..if i could get it up to 350 hp or more..If so..can i get some advice on how this could be done and what i would need to obtain to reach this goal..thanks

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
lots of $$$$$$$

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
get a completly different block (drag block) with 4 liters of displacement outa a 4 cylinders. slap on 2 turbos and a 2 stage nos setup. and there ya go

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Go Turbo and talk to turbo tom at www.focus-power.com

Cory
Take $5200 with you, and you'll be set to go.
If you can Afford it, DO IT!!!
Tom Offers a Lifetime Warranty on this kit.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
For that price how much for swaping a 302 or Contour engine? Lots of hp w/out much mods on the engine.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The 302 swap is more. IIRC, about $10k???
Maybe someone else can remember more specific #'s.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
The 302 swap is more. IIRC, about $10k???
Maybe someone else can remember more specific #'s.
the guy that did that swap... forgetting his name now... said his cost over $15k. you have to figure $10k is for the setup without the motor. going this route WILL NOT save money.

go the turbo tom way. he'll make sure you hit the numbers you want, especially considering he was already hitting 350 two years ago.

Nate

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
the kugel kit alone is 12k...no motor, tranny (T5 or top loader 4spd, idk if they got an AOD or a C4 to work), and a rear end (prolly an 8.8, but they might accept a 9in).

if this is your daily driver, or moreover somethin that when you drive, you drive it on the road....just get yourself some1's turbo kit and take the 220-260whp it has and love it.

b/c you will, love 140whp NA personally.

-Ult

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I am going the 400hp route set up for different naooing. The car will be set up for street and 24 hour endurance racing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts