Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, that was quick. Who else has hit the 36k mile mark? My car is currently at Bill Brown Ford, and so far, is easily exceeding North Bros. as far as the service dept. goes... I'll keep y'all posted..

·
Registered
933 Posts
i'm almost there and haven't even had my car a year yet:( but i just got into an accident, so i probably haven't put on the extra thousand+ i would while it's getting fixed :|

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
damn i thought i was the only one to hit that many miles this soon...i am at 38000 now...damn those long commutes to work and back...

·
Registered
50 Posts
We're at 35k, at 11 months. Minus the weeks it's been in the shop....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
how about the least? I have 7200 in 14.5 months. only 2 oil changes! Most will say I never drive but it is my everyday driver. I am one of the lucky one's and only work 1 mile from home!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I got mine last dec. and by like feb I had like 6000 miles on it, I drove everywhere, so about six months ago I bought a 92 ranger to keep the miles off the focus, and i didnt drive it far at all for 2 months, so no it has 13700 and just about ready for another oil change !not too bad for a 02!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I drove a whopping 4300 miles in 11 months since I bought my SVTF
.Seems that the months will go by faster then the miles on the factory warranty.Plus it will be 1 year on the 23rd of this month since joining the Jet.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I'm just about to hit 36000..i'll do that in another month or so..at 35200 at last check. I need to get it in for ECU update and get them fix the damn upper cat heatsheild.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
how about the least? I have 7200 in 14.5 months. only 2 oil changes! Most will say I never drive but it is my everyday driver. I am one of the lucky one's and only work 1 mile from home!

Jason I keep my opinion that I hate you! jj...My new job takes me 60 miles there and back! Plus I have to drive to school. Mine is about nine months old, and I am creeping up on the 26K mark.

·
Registered
742 Posts
29,000 miles in 17.5 months.............

In th dealer about 20X for warranty work, so my mileage could be 2-3000 miles more, not sure if thats a good thing or not. Whats next

·
Registered
242 Posts
20 times?

I hope you invested in some sort of extended warranty.

Once 36K comes, you are Fixing Or Repairing Daily yourself.

I'm only at 10K on my '02 (little over 1 year old), and already looking forward to a bleak future with this car when the extra (Basic Care) warranty runs out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well SonicBlu, you may be lucky, but your SVTF isn't! That is REALLY hard on your engine, those short trips. It never gets hot enough to burn off water vapor, contaminates, etc.. from the oil. You should be changing your oil on a time schedule, not milage. If it were me, I'd be changing oil every 2-3 months. Anyone who drives less than 10 miles at a time would be wise to follow suit. Your engine will thank you!
~Dave

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
dalola,

I understand what you are saying. It does get hot enough because I let it warm up and then my foot as most others is usually never out of the throttle. But yes, I should probably change the oil 3 or 4 times a yr. I was the same way with my stang and never had a problem. Plus, that is what warranty is for if something does happen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Purchased my 2002 SVTF on July 22, 2002 with 24 miles on it. Now some 15 months later I have almost 41,000 miles on it!!...

A bit too much driving???

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok.... I want some opinions. Now I still don't have my car back, but the dealer is claiming that the aftermarket exhaust (Just the Borla) is somehow causing the clunking sound I hear when turning the wheel at low speeds, which I thought might be loose tie rods or something. From my memory of the bottom of the car, is that even possible? The only thing touching the exhaust are the hangers and the part that bolts to the flexpipe.
I just want another opinion in case I might be missing something mundane before I go in today to pick it up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can play hardball with them if you have to.
the burden of proof is up to them to show that
the aftermarket part is what is causeing the issue.
They can not "think" thats what it is.
Have them show you exactly what it is.
I don't know is not good enough.
They have trained mechanics.
Emilio

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I plan on it. I'm heading up there in a few minutes, to have them show me where the 'aftermarket exhaust' is causing my steering to clunk.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
35.5k at 13 months (two trips to Chicago from San Diego) and daily driving.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, got it back from the dealer today. Overall, Bill Brown Ford was notably a better experience than North Bros. They found all of the problems I had requested, and fixed the ones that needed to be. Also, they flashed my ECU to the latest version, proven by the DSI switching over at 5k. They did however take 6 days, but they also gave me a loaner, NOT a free rental.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts