Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 200 miles left till my warranty ends, is it a good idea to take it to ford to have it looked over, or is that going to be a waste of my time?
Got my magnaflow in the mail today. Only took 4 days.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I would. Mine is going to be gone in less than 2000 miles. I did spring for the Extended Care Warranty.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
I say find EVERY little thing wrong with the car u can, go in and have them fix it. That way if they don't fix it right then, or it turns out to be a big thing, they still gotta do it cuz the problem is from within the warranty period.

As for just giving them the car and telling them to look at it, they wont, unless you pay them. There is nothing that says they have to look over the car for free for no reason, you have to give them a reason to.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
T. Burke,
If you don't already have the Extended Care Warranty it would be a good idea to purchase one while the car is still within the factory warranty period.(I might be incorrect with this statement)Being that after the factory warranty period is over the coverage that an extended warranty covers is a lot less then while still under the warranty.If someone knows different please correct me.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
As long as there is factory warranty on the car, ESP can be purchased. There is an extra $100 surcharge after 12mo/12K above the cost of the plan you buy. Ford ESP can add 1 to 4 extra years and can be capped at 36K, 48K, 60K, 75K or 100K miles (no 7/100 only 7/75; 6/100 is OK). There are 4 warranty Products: Powertrain Care, Base Care, Extra Care, and Premium Care--which is basically the Factory Warranty just pushed out...

PM if questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan on modifying my car in the future, putting cat-back and headers, cai, eibach pro-kit, won't these modifications void the warranty?
Thats the reason i didn't go for the extended warranty in the first place. Or say i wanted to put 4.06 gears in, that wouldn't diffently void the drivetrain warranty.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
the parts you change obviously dont get covered, and any failure(s) directly caused by parts you change dont get covered. basically, there needs to be proof of cause-and-effect for ford to bounce your coverage.

the easiest way to look at it is that stuff you want to do in and of itself would not void your warranty, but all of it could void your warranty...

[ 04-03-2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts