Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i had a great day at school today at wyotech.. went to go get sum food went up a hill... mmmmmmmm BOOM yea madd smoke outta my engine.. look oil everywhere ... i threw a rod, piston and blew a huge hole in my block.. yea all i have is race header, cai, and sct.. oo yea 37k yea warrenty ends at 36 soo i will have to see if ford will warrenty it or not hopeing they wont screw me not sure how to upload pics but heres the pics on the f150 forum i posted.. it [censored] blowssssssssss

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/topic.ten?id=394788L

·
Registered
123 Posts
That blows. I am always worried about something like that happening to me. Hopefully everything works out!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
On a positive note, used Zetecs are cheaper than dirt.

I wonder what the motor may have inhaled to cause such damage? Bottom end problems on near-stock, non-boosted Zetecs are really rare.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Missed shift?? Too many RPM's??
Something had to be amiss to make it do that. Check the local forums and see who be best dealer is and see if they will help you with a goodwill adjustment on it. If not call Ford and ask them for help.
The dealer can make the call on fixing it. They will probably make you pay a deductable but better than the whole deal. If you were close I would take care of you.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
CAI sucked water someware bent the rod and now it finally let go. Ford will not warrenty it. This is what happend to my first engine. Suck water during a rain storm. I drove it for 3-4 weeks after the incident thought nothing was wrong and then it blew up. Good luck getting an new one.

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
Did I hear someone say:

Brand new Sean Hyland Block???..oh wait....that was me...

Save up your money if Ford won't help you and go for bigger and badder. That's what I would do...personally.

I'm not sure of your money situation, but I would do what I could to make this a happy outcome.

I learned my lesson when I threw a rod on my Stealth R/T. I shoulda gone VR4 TT....when I replaced that engine.

dentless dave!!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Brand new Sean Hyland Block???..oh wait....that was me...

Save up your money if Ford won't help you and go for bigger and badder. That's what I would do...personally.
Perhaps, but the Zetec is sort of a dead duck.
I'd go for a Duratec if I were going to ditch my old iron lump.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea im hoping they dont screw me hard on it.... bigger and badd... welll its gotta be my daily drive since my f150 is the show truck and 2 low to drive anywhere plus its hard having a 80k truck sit in garage and have a new boosted focus 2 when im just graduating college next month

diffenatly not a miss shift or 2 high rpms... i just turned off a rd to go up a hill i would say 3500 maybee.... on a positive note tho.. motor still ran , i shut it off .. i thought it be dead solid if that happended

·
Registered
231 Posts
Talk to a service advisor at your dealership & see if he'll help you out. If he won't work with you, talk to the service manager. If he says the same thing, get the number for Ford's corporate office & ask him who you can talk to there about it. This happens ALL the time and if the dealership doesn't want to help the customer, Ford usually steps in & makes them. The only issue would be your SCT. If the dealerhsip checks the car out & catches that, you're ass-out... unless THEY were the ones that installed and/or programmed it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
That's too bad; sorry to hear. On a brighter note, maybe you can build up a custom zetec. You know, CGI block, rods, pistons, FR head Turbo, etc. Might be a blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
na ford deffenatly didnt do the tuning.. see it sucks im here in pa for school and no one likes us wyo tech kids soo who know... if it was back home id have prob no problem. ill be waiting for there call 2 marro and see wut im gonna do

yea no wut really sucks i got my airbag stuff to put the car on air this weekend, yesterday in the mail... great timing!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
hydrolock is a bitch, im buying a new intake as we speak.

this 1 hit to close to home.

·
Banned
613 Posts
powertrain warranty... i got it on my car.. good til 100k.. check into that and have ur ford dealer run a warranty check on ur car... even if the 3 year 36k is up you might still have additional powertrain coverage which would save ur ass

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Talk to a service advisor at your dealership & see if he'll help you out. If he won't work with you, talk to the service manager. If he says the same thing, get the number for Ford's corporate office & ask him who you can talk to there about it. This happens ALL the time and if the dealership doesn't want to help the customer, Ford usually steps in & makes them. The only issue would be your SCT. If the dealerhsip checks the car out & catches that, you're ass-out... unless THEY were the ones that installed and/or programmed it.
I think this kind of negates their willingness to help him out a warrenty job:
what he forgot to mention is the hydrolock 5 days earlier. which made a nice stress crack in the rod and today it decided to finally let go.
Hydrolock is great. Its the event that nobody believes in untill it happens to them.

good luck, see sig.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think this kind of negates their willingness to help him out a warrenty job
Think whatever you like, but that's how it works. More often than not, the customer that bitches the most, is the one that gets the most help. I know because I'm the one that gets stuck doing the work under warranty, (which doesn't pay very well).

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Call the 1-800 number for Ford customer service. This worked for me when my PS Rack and Pump went bad right after warranty went up. I only had to pay half the cost.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wyotech in Blairsville, PA?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts