Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, it's that time of year again. Time for ALL of NorCal to converge, hang out, and shoot some guns.

This year a few things are different:

#1 - The Location Has Changed From Years Past
#2 - The Date Is So Late In February, It's Actually In March

As you know this is usually centered around my birthday weekend in the middle of February but since my family is flying up to Sacramento to spend that time with me I will be predisposed.

The new location is no longer at a gun range, we are going to take advantage of California's beautiful BLM land that allows us to shoot for free. This makes it so anyone and everyone can come without having to worry about $20 of range fees on top of ammo, food, and gas. There will be kids there, so bring yours as long as they're comfortable in situations like this, of course. The only downside to having this out in the middle of California like this is there isn't much in the way of restaurants so we will probably head up to Los Banos for dinner, for those that care to join for that.

What: NorCal's First G2G of the New Year

Where: Eastern Side of Tumey Hills, CA - http://goo.gl/maps/n4L95 (location marked B on the link is where to meet)

When: Saturday March 1st, 2014

Why: 'Merica

Again, everyone is welcome. If you have guns then great (we just ask that you be safe). If you don't own any guns you're still welcome, but please bring either cash or ammo so that the gun's owner is not paying for you to shoot.

As usual I will put up a list of the calibers of guns that will be out there for those who don't own guns so they know what ammo to get.

Hope to see you guys out there!

·
Revrent
6,101 Posts
where is this Tumney Hills Location? can we bring BBQ stuff and eat there? like a BYOM situation? Pot Luck the rest of it?

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
where is this Tumney Hills Location? can we bring BBQ stuff and eat there? like a BYOM situation? Pot Luck the rest of it?
Tumey Hills is just outside of Hollister, which is just Southeast of Gilroy. It's a bit of a haul. I'm pretty sure the day use area has fully equipped picnic areas.

·
Revrent
6,101 Posts
sweet. I say BBQ I can bring my camp stove too. can we figure out if there are BBQ's there?

I'll bring my 7MM, Colt lightning, 45, 38, Maybe the 444 Marlin, 30 Carbine, and maybe a 22. Oh and the Zombie gun.

·
WHERES MY KEYS?!?
2,743 Posts
i'm a maybe for now...

if i can make it i may be bringing the RV

Also noticed this on the website Aaron posted:
The Tumey Hills are closed to vehicle access with the onset of fire season.
3/1 probably wouldn't be considered fire season traditionally and i dont know anything about the area but... does any one remember what rain looks like?

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Lesdoit

·
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couple things to add info to:

There are no camping/picnic tables/bbqs/shade areas there, at least not in the portion we will venture to. You are welcome to bring a BBQ, but make sure you check with the rangers before doing so, you will probably need to have a campfire permit (yes, I realize it's an enclosed fire) to cook like that out there. Micah, if BYOM is bring your own meat and the rangers give you the go ahead that would be great. If it doesn't work out, a sandwich some chips and a non alcoholic beverage of your choosing (save the bubbly stuff until after you're done shooting please) should work as a great alternative.

Next, I don't think it is considered fire season yet as that usually starts mid April. However, they are very strict about staying on the designated dirt trails that are scattered all over out there. A group of people actually got a ticket for going about 100 yards off of the dirt path while we were out there earlier this month. As an added bit of info we are not going to be shooting that far off of the main road so most cars wouldn't have a problem making it where we are going. For those familiar, I'd have no problem taking the silver car out there.

Check this link out.

http://goo.gl/maps/n4L95

Point B is where we will be meeting and doing the shooting.

Point A shows the Western Entrance should you chose to go that route. Point C shows the Eastern entrance, where I-5 and Panoche Road intersect.

·
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo dawg I like guns.

Should be good to go, just need to discuss it.
There will be no discussion, I booked my last trip based on your schedule. You suggested this date, you're going, and that's that. /z-snap

:lol:

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
So this thing is like 2 days after my birthday. Can we shoot up a cake? :lol:

·
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We can shoot anything but glass and we have to clean up after ourselves within reason. I don't think leaving pieces of cake will hurt much but we just don't want to leave any trash.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
What about leaving food for animals?

·
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd answer but I'd just be feeding the troll myself.

:p

1 - 20 of 66 Posts