Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just in a questioning mood today I guess.
The question has been asked before and I've seen the answers. Those that have done this usually seemed to have made a flex/cat themselves. I couldn't weld my way out of a paper bag (well I could probably do that since the bag would catch on fire, but I digress). The real question is: Does anyone SELL a flex/cat that will pass emissions testing or is there a known place that would fabricate such a thing? I'd like to get a 4-2-1 header but emission testing is starting up again in CT and I'll have to get my car tested next year. I suppose I could swap headers at testing time, but something tell me that could be a pain (or is it...it'll only be once every 2 years...hmmmmm)
Thanks in advance

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
That I know of, no one is making a production flexcat yet. I just got my Bosal flex pipe in today, and will more than likely replace the blown FS flex pipe tonight.
Probably this Saturday, I will go see my exhaust guy and see how much to make a flexcat(Complete with o2 bungs), out of the bad FS flex pipe.
Regardless of cost, unless its stoopid high, I will get the flexcat made.
I'll let you guys know how much, how long it took, and see if I can post pics when it is done.

Latre, Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts