Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever try using the throttle body that ford recommends on the ford racing manifold, I bought one, but it doesnt seem to work???? they use different cables, not to mention the throttle wont open all the way??? has anyone used it or made it work?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
We have used it and it works fine. It takes a little work to get the linkage setup. We modified the linkage bracket for the factory cable. If you measure from the bracket to connection and from center shaft to connection that should give you the same ratio as the factory TB.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did you get the throttle to go to wide open throttle, the linkage kept hitting the manifold...do you have any pics?

where did you route the cable to? from in front?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
We made a plate to go under the TB and mounted or bracket onto that. We also remove a portion of the bracket on the TB it is not needed. If you do that it will open.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
How about some pictures?

I seem to remember the SPI guys doing something with a Mustang throttle body...but I can't find any info.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Does this use the same TPS...or do you have to redrill holes for the Focus TPS for the Mustang throttle body?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
This car will be at a show this weekend I will see if I can get pics. You will put a mustang TPS on and get the plug. Then cut and splice wires

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I found a throttle cable I wont have to modify, a 2001 spi uses the same type of cable end as the mustang.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
FC makes an adapter plate for that manifold to uses either there FC TB or a stock TB. You should give Nader a call. I think CTZX3 is running that in his car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive already got a 4.6 TB, and it was alot cheaper than buying one from focus sport

1 - 10 of 10 Posts