Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Almost choked on a Girl Scout ...cookie
16,227 Posts
ummmm, is this yours?

if so, can we have some more info?

Did you build this? and lots of other details please.

oh yeah
DAYYYYUM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. Just finished this conversion. Love the Zetec.
45DCOE Webers,custom header,10.5-1 ported head,alum. flywheel,Electromotive ign.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right-I need some cosmetic detailing. This thing runs like a bat out of hell at only 1465 lbs!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
AWESOME!!!!! are you in the U.S.? I haven't seen a Europa in, like, well I'm not even sure I've seen a Europa driving around in my 25 years on this earth.

I saw an old Elan a few months ago, but it was undergoing a frame-off restoration in a body shop.

That is sooooooooooo nice. I LOVE cool old sports cars with modern engines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I'm in WA. I know of about 5-6 other Europa Zetec conversions in OR,UT,CA,MI. The conversion is easy because the Lotus bellhousing has the same bolt pattern as Zetec.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Needs more Duratec. Also leafspring.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
why is the PCV disconnected? Wouldnt it be better to have the PCV attatched to the intake manifold and the breather filtered to atmosphere?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I wanna see the Webers!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no PCV. I just vented everything to atmosphere. Car too old for smog checks here. The Electromotive is an HPV-1. Sorry not more detail on the engine, but I had problems with the 250K limit on photos. Forgot have FR3 cams too.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Cool to see another Europa. I just finished building in Jan a complete wire harness for a 72 Lotus Europa S2 race car in KY. Same guy has a 74 Europa I believe and the last yellow Lotus Espiret V8 TT in North America. He is listed in the Lotus owners club as having the best Lotus garage un NA. It really is a nice garage dedicated to Lotus.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Damn thats nice. Beautiful conversion. As fast as it is...imagine that forcefed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Turbocharging this thing is tempting. Will have to replace the U joints with CV's. Not sure the trans can take 200+hp. Burns rubber in 3 gears as is.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That looks similar to the set up JBA used on there Speed Record ZTW......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts