Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my tires rotated recently. The tech said I need new tires (nuh duh, they're Conti's!) and new struts? I haven't ever had struts wear out so I don't really know what I'm looking for. I did notice that the front end doesn't absorb bumps the way it did when I first got it. Any suggestions, comments? If I'm gonna replace the struts what's a good, long lasting set to get for our cars? I'm not looking for ultra performance adjustable ones either. Just something that rides like the stock ones, but better quality. Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
wow yours made it that far. You are lucky. Mine made it 13k miles, and my new set with just 7k on it feels like they are blown again.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I know this won't answer your question being that when I had my '02 SVTF it would crash over bumps and had zero rebound and it turned out that the front struts were found to be faulty.They were replaced under warranty with only around 7000 miles.So I would imagine with 43,000 miles on yours you did real well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just turned 40,000 on my 2002, and I am rubbing tire on wheel well in hard right turns. I have come to the same conclusion that my struts are gone. The recommendation that I got was to go with Koni adjustables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts