Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say its a 48 month lease with 10% down (though 2,825 with security deposit). Still is it $150 lease payment on a Mustang, granted its stripped down but that seems cheap.

Am I missing something? V-6 5 is fine for me, change sound system and rims. Don't like the interior, like looks of 2005 mustang but 2003 is a nice looking car.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It really isn't that good of a deal if you ask me. Base Mustangs are constantly on sale. I seem to recall that a V-6 stang would sell for like 13k or so. If you put that 2800 dollars down on a purchace, you'd have a payment of around 200-220 or so per/mo. I'd spend the extra 50 bucks and go for the purchace. At least that way you'll build equity eventually, vs. having nothing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose if you could find a base Mustang for 13,000 with good financing. didn't realize they sell them that cheaply.

Yes not a fan of leases. Haven't even owned my Focus for 3 years. just wish some of these financing deals were around when I purhased it. Heck I thought the 4.9% on my Kona was a good deal.

Well just thinking, I'm paid off this August and want to drive with no car payment for a while anyway.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Originally posted by Maxximtl:
It really isn't that good of a deal if you ask me. Base Mustangs are constantly on sale. I seem to recall that a V-6 stang would sell for like 13k or so. If you put that 2800 dollars down on a purchace, you'd have a payment of around 200-220 or so per/mo. I'd spend the extra 50 bucks and go for the purchace. At least that way you'll build equity eventually, vs. having nothing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When you lease you live with your "equity" a little bit each month in the form of a lower payment--instead of waiting to have something in the end when the car is paid off.

I ran lease numbers for my wife's sister, and at invoice--about $18100--on a 110 pkg with a 5 speed and Pony group, 48mo/60K with nothing down, and including a 48/60 Premium ESP, was like 235-240/mo plus tax. The payment would be less at 48000 miles and obviously with $$$ down. The car we are talking about would be (msrp $19425)
$18100-3000=$15100 plus tax and license. To put perspective, if you have a $15000 loan for 60 months, the payment will be around $300, $17500--(financing tax/license/ESP etc.) will be about $350.

There is nothing wrong with leasing as long as you are confortable with the concept.

[ 04-29-2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Auto-X-ZTS ]

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Invoice for a 03 Stang V6, no options is $16,941. MSRP is over $18k. Good luck finding one for 13.

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is an incredible deal. If I was not in the midle of buying a house I would do it as a third car. I work at a car dealership and I have never seen anything like this. This deal is absolutely amazing. Better yet, you can get a GT 5-speed with 10% down for right at $200 a month. Also if you thinking leasing is bad there is a good chance you have not had it explained to you very well. I lease ALL of my cars except the Focus with the JRSC because I can't return it that way. I love leasing. I have had 5.

·
Registered
546 Posts
They are regularly on sale for $12k.Dealers are up to thier ears w/ these things here.Of course you can into a ZX3 for $7995-8995.Gotta love a Colorado economy in the tank
.About twice a month a dealer throws up a conv or Gt for $16,997.unfortunatley In Co you have to pay an est value tax(rates vary on county/city some as high as 8.5) on your veh when you reg evry year,throw that on top of the tenth highest ins rates in the country and you come up w/ the reason why I didn't get a GT this spring

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Allot of companies are doing the super low lease rates now. BMW now has a promotion to get a a 3 series for $299 a month, so do a few other premium brands.

As for the price on the foci and mustang in some places WOW! You will have trouble finding those cars USED here for that price! New foci sticker price here start at about $17,000 with most stickering for near $20,000. Now our cars probably have more options in them. The dealers here stopped stocking LX and se foci at all, all they have are ZTS sedans, Power premium ZX3 and premium ZX5. They still have some SE wagons, but most seam to be ZTW now. I remember last year, when I was looking to get a new focus, NO local dealer had a ZTS, all they had were lower models, that they couldn't get rid of.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Nearly $3K down is a chuck of change for an old platform that will look even older (redesign in '05) in 4 years when you have to turn it in.

Personally, I hate leasing. My '02 GTI was a lease and I'm happy to be free of it. I never felt I could drive anywhere and everywhere I wanted as I worried about my mileage limit, etc.

To each his own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts