Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that there is such a thing as a kit to convert our standard 4bolt kit into a 5bolt? does anyone know wher I could snag one of these online? I just want to get a taste of how much it would be to hit up my choice rim.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I'm sure with the cost of the conversion it would be cheaper to just have the wheels custom drilled from blanks.

Seriously, you're talking new hubs, rear brakes, front rotors, and I'm sure a hell of a lot more stuff. Factor all that in and you're going to be talking big cash for the conversion alone. I would guess a grand or two at least.

Call the wheel company you're interested in and see if they can either drill a set for you in 4X108 or send you a blank (undrilled) wheel so you can get a machine shop to drill. I know CTZX3 had a set of 18" RO_JA wheel custom drilled back in the day and it wasn't too expensive.

Nate

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotcha, I thought it would just been a easy conversion, im GOING to find the wheels i want one day, still dont know what I want though =/

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
you should be able to get wheel adapters that will change it to 5x whatever they bolt onto your hub and then you bolt the wheel onto them.. like spacers sort of so you have to get wheels with the right offset

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what I was thinking of wheel adapters, do you know where I could look at some of those?

·
Registered
367 Posts
i think eibach makes them but im not sure, check out their website

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well one thing to check is to see if the Mazda 3 uses the same size and number of splines on the front axles. The back would be like swaping the SVT rear swap.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Four to four with a different diameter yes.
Four to five not likely.

There's a mess when trying to overlap holes and I hightly doubt you'll find such an animal. Maybe- if you went from the current 4 to say a 5 on 5 you might get things to clear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea... that is a massive weak spot. If you drive hard at all I would highly suggest not doing that. I had a honda back when I was young and dumb and I put a 4-5 lug adaptor on it. The car was completely stock other than the wheels and I snapped both front adaptors within 2 months just driving normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts