Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I've finally grown sick of this auto....afta all the work I have in the car and it's still runnin like a dawg.....So I put a deposit on all the parts to convert to an MTX. I've never really done anything w/ the tranny before so I don't know how involved it is. Would this be something I could do on my own, or will it be difficult gettin the tranny out and all. Also I've purchased a limited slip and thinking about new gears....just wanted to know how hard the tranny swap it, thanx. Jeeze I can't wait, all them hondas best watch out now haha

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Man.. way to throw down some serious money! Was doing a full level 10 upgrade not worth it? Seems a EXCELLENT shifting automatic can hold it's own with a 5 speed. But that's just an assumption on my part.

If your going to do the gears, do it now while this whole monstrosity is going on!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well actually, I'm gettin the whole shabang for round 2 grand....including a Centerforce Clutch and a Phantom Grip on it....so compared to a $4,000 uild from level 10, $2,000 for the 5-speed this seems perdy good to me

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
might be a little steep price wise for the swap, BUT, just treat that 3rd gear synchro like a little baby if you DO do the swap

·
Registered
476 Posts
hope you got a new ecu among other things, I think you just wasted a lot of money, becuase it is going to be more trouble than it is worth. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the kit I got inclues this....MTX75 transmission - with Phantom Grip differential. -Stock Ford Focus Flywheel. -Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch. -Shifter cables and all brackets. -Shifter assembly with shifter boot. -Ford Focus Computer. -Both Axels. . -Clutch Master and Slave cylinder and clutchline. -Pedal assembly. -Transmission mount with Energy suspension bushings -VSS -crank angle sensor...should be everything I need, and in my opinion well worth gettin rid of tha auto

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Where did you get all that for that price?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I've seen that from a guy on ebay.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, ebay is awesome....I'm stoked, finally get the performance out of this engine that I should be gettin.....besides 5-speeds r way more fun

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ummm do you get the wire harness with that because I hear that it is required since the auto harness is missing a few things

1 - 12 of 12 Posts