Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we've heard about focus sports car at the track but tell me about some of the other cars. like this 500 hp monster or what f2 had to show. and how bout marcy motorsport and power works? I work on weekends now and didn't make sat or sunday but i came by on fri hoping to see some action. looked like people were just settin up though.
 

·
Professor PowerSlide
Joined
·
5,944 Posts
Marcys car was not there, although he did offer it up for Saturday. Sold out show however so I could have driven it no matter. Its a screamer, but not 500hp. I would guess low 300s normal asperation

We were there with the Mustangs, had one that was 500hp, at least till about 11:45am then it was -0- hp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
Our 2005 SEMA car is at Gillis Motorsport getting some new things done too it. So it could not make it. But Andrew's race car was there but when you came by it was in the trailer.

This was more of track day than a show day, I was testing some parts on a C6 vette I had there and also an M3. My RS was there, if that counts.

But ya Marcy was not there and no one has brought that up yet:dunno:
 

·
Take a Bite of My Burrito!
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
The "car" I brung was 550 WHP twin turbos. since you weren't there, you missed it.:evilgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,823 Posts
MEXTEP said:
The "car" I brung was 550 WHP twin turbos. since you weren't there, you missed it.:evilgrin:
Along with 8000 lbs of carne asada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah there was a guy saying he had some 500 hp focus and he was gonna take everyone to town with it. can't remember his name. anyone know who im talkin about?
 

·
RECORD PROFITS
Joined
·
5,297 Posts
f2focus said:
Our 2005 SEMA car is at Gillis Motorsport getting some new things done too it. So it could not make it. But Andrew's race car was there but when you came by it was in the trailer.

This was more of track day than a show day, I was testing some parts on a C6 vette I had there and also an M3. My RS was there, if that counts.

But ya Marcy was not there and no one has brought that up yet:dunno:
Maybe he just couldn't make it. Theres no reason to start a mud slinging over it. I'm sure if your concerned you could PM him and he'd tell you why he wasn't there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,264 Posts
The only focus that has close to 500whp would be Jon's... and it was the pace car for the FormulaTR race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
ZX3autoxtasy said:
Maybe he just couldn't make it. Theres no reason to start a mud slinging over it. I'm sure if your concerned you could PM him and he'd tell you why he wasn't there.
Who is starting anything, just asking as other's asked me at Jetfest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,264 Posts
I had heard that the week leading up to JF, Walter had a nasty battle with the Flu, and the Flu won.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,604 Posts
thekrux said:
nah there was a guy saying he had some 500 hp focus and he was gonna take everyone to town with it. can't remember his name. anyone know who im talkin about?
The car you're talking about didn't make it. From what I was told the car wasn't ready for JF2 and he's sponsorship didn't work out. Soooooo it was a no show. His screenname is liggersnow.
 

·
King of the Fairies
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
f2focus said:
Who is starting anything, just asking as other's asked me at Jetfest!
dont you just love how people just rush to judgement,

if they only new

:screwy:
 

·
King of the Fairies
Joined
·
4,883 Posts
thekrux said:
nah there was a guy saying he had some 500 hp focus and he was gonna take everyone to town with it. can't remember his name. anyone know who im talkin about?
talking is one thing, same with HP,
its more about what a driver can do, perfect example is Raffi from FocusSport, he is a man of few words and but he blew the socks off most of the cars on the track :evilgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
Wasn't there a Zetec powered car (red) that was supposedly make 420ish HP? I didn't get to check it out, but I heard that from several people.
 

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
Joined
·
9,347 Posts
JCMRacing #37 said:
Wasn't there a Zetec powered car (red) that was supposedly make 420ish HP? I didn't get to check it out, but I heard that from several people.
yea, i believe his name is kleric.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,264 Posts
Mike from SilverState was there on Saturday with their 11 sec focus. But they didn't race... just showed. I don't know what kinda power they were making... but they're a drag race car anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,363 Posts
^^^Thats the one I was thinking of.^^^
 

·
RECORD PROFITS
Joined
·
5,297 Posts
TribalFocus said:
dont you just love how people just rush to judgement,

if they only new

:screwy:
I'm not rushing judgement, his post just seemed to call out another person that seems to have had some rough times. If someone was doing that towards him, I'd do the same. It just seems weird when sponsors bring up other sponsors and their issues...kinda a Tom thing to do.
 

·
Professor PowerSlide
Joined
·
5,944 Posts
BUR_ZX3 said:
I had heard that the week leading up to JF, Walter had a nasty battle with the Flu, and the Flu won.
Ya plus some sort of tooth issue, he offered me his Focus Friday after the Mustang snapped its crank in half, but no way to run it with a sold out event. No need to push things at the event, we still had the S197 there and a suspension system switch on the black car to test against the white car

Looks like Walter will be building a very nice Boss Block 304Z headed Vortech blown, purpose built for Time Attack. Look for the build(s) in Modified Mustangs starting with the september issue, I get the horrable fate of running the crap out of it and seeing what gives over multiple issues with leakdown tests and compression tests.

Poor me:rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top