Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, although it's probably pointless. With the new 5 door SVT coming out, wouldn't that exhaust be a huge improvement over stock, and give us guys that want quiet lower decibels? Wouldn't it fit a sedan as well?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

I thought the 5 door exhaust was the same as the 3 door!

Either way, I'm not sure anybody has taken measurements to see if the junction after the flexpipe is in the same location or not. If it is, then I don't see why it wouldn't fit, but otherwise you'd have to "cut and paste".

I think the Magnaflow is in the same volume range as the stock SVT exhaust, FWIW.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by orndog:
So the ZX3 is smaller than a sedan, right? But the ZX3 is the same size as a ZX5? What's up with that?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A sedan has a trunk, a ZX3 does not.

A ZX5 is a ZX3 with 4 small doors instead of 2 big doors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by PimpDaddy:
The ZX3's and ZX5's share the same exhaust. So, it will be nothing new on the 5-door SVT and it won't fit the sedan. The stock exhaust even on an SVT is going to be way more restrictive than an after market one anyways.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">More restrictive? It is one of the best designs out there. The SVT has hardly any backpresssure.

Josh

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Originally posted by PimpDaddy:
The ZX3's and ZX5's share the same exhaust. So, it will be nothing new on the 5-door SVT and it won't fit the sedan. The stock exhaust even on an SVT is going to be way more restrictive than an after market one anyways.

Eric
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">He's got a point. I mean magnaflow was able to get 1-2 HP out of there cat-back for the SVT. So Ford's exhaust is obviously extremely restrictive! (sarcasm)

·
Registered
142 Posts

Eric

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the ZX3 is smaller than a sedan, right? But the ZX3 is the same size as a ZX5? What's up with that?
I was looking for freer flowing than stock without all that damn popping.

·
Registered
142 Posts
O.K. boys settle down.
Maybe I shouldn't say the SVT is WAY more restrictive than aftermarket exhausts. But, I think everyone would agree that a Borla or a Bosal would be better. Even 1-2 HP is big when you are talking an exhaust. For what Ford would want for an SVT exhaust, what would you rather have? That is unless, you have a friend that has an SVT and is giving you his. Even if that is the case, will it work on a ZX3? Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts