Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebudy check it out, it looke weird, emailed the guy to askhim about it and the asshole said to ask my dealer. All i asked him was what car is it off and are you sure it is a direct plug and play because it does not look like the stock unit. Total dick!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
looks pretty crusty...

doesnt look like a focus TB, and the question is... i see the TPS on there, but it looks like it has an additional sensor of somesort

no, as I look at it again, that looks like the air bypass for closed throttle, but then you're pulling in unfiltered air

[ 03-24-2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I saw that a few days ago. I thought it was going to be an FC when I clicked on it, but it looked like something homemade.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by TooleBox:
looks pretty crusty...

doesnt look like a focus TB, and the question is... i see the TPS on there, but it looks like it has an additional sensor of somesort

no, as I look at it again, that looks like the air bypass for closed throttle, but then you're pulling in unfiltered air
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the other sensor is an idle air control valve, it takes air from before the throttle plate, but still looks fishy, you would have two idle air control valves, you would have to permanently open one some how.

·
Registered
733 Posts
no pick ups only delivery... hmmm well someone want to pitch in and buy one.. if we all put in 10 bucks...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
boost til' bust: thats exactly what I was thinkin, but look at it... the valve breathes open air. unless there is some way to hook a small breather filter to it...
there is no air bypass inside the TB itself like on the FC... this one just pulls air through that valve which seems to be open air. This breathing unfiltered air at idle.. no thanks!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
It says it "fits OHC engine"--may be for SOHC, not DOHC???

·
Registered
727 Posts
I agree, this doesn't look too legit!!! Save your money and get the FC!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
did yuo guys see the soda despenser on page 6? it's onlt 10 bucks, but the shipping is 75 so no one will bid on it! hahaha.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How can it fit 2000 - 2003 Cars when Ford changed the TB?

Plus.. the dude has made revisions... that just can't be a good sign

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had to try one. It was shipped fast, and in no way was the bolt pattern even close. He is refunding my money and is asking for help on finding out what it fits. Any clue? SPI? 2003? Honda Qualude?
The place we thought was a air bypass for closed throttle, is a sensor of some kind it has a plug-in similar to the TPS plug. The thing is also much shorter than the stock TB.
He says he plans to stop all the listings until he can figure this out.
Just a heads up!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
If you look at the bolt pattern on these TB's it sure doesn't look like a fit to me. I've changed many Focus Ztec TB's and these sure look fishy to me.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
too many shady people selling parts to unknowing people... kinda sad... People, please be weary of FleaBay parts... they are usually a scam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts