Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, me from Australia, me loves cars, me loves Zetecs, me has dis much $12,000 AUD/$7,370.38 USD to waste on Zetec 2002, what shoulds me do's? Realistically though I'm looking for real performance material, I wanna take on those damn Rex's - quick specs (h8 reading!)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Turbo tom special with full internals and complete tuning and donate the rest to me.

·
Registered
871 Posts
the fastest way to spend it AND me be happy wiht your purchase is to buy a full race exaust, race suspension and send it to me. the rest you can put into a check and mail to me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gee thanx, u can't half tell I'm new to this forum hey?
I've done much reading on specs vs specs everywhere
. Doesn't help that the car only just arrived in Oz late '02 so performance techies here are a bit "iffy" at times! I'd rather have the info upfront from people who have had experience with the Zetec rather than alloy someone to butcher my precious!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
put together a custom turbo kit for yourself... and put it on your stock motor with a Pectel T2 behind it.

use something like a t3 super 60... get a few other things like 65mm t/b, 2.5" or 3" exhaust and flexpipe... and a set of adj. cam gears.

if you have the money, have your head ported and polished, 1mm oversize Ferrea valves and stock cams.

this should get you on a nice start... later you can get a built motor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Trey. What kinda gains is that gonna give me? HP? I'm sick and tired of of import turbo stockies blowing me away

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i would look throu all the sponcers and forums. if you want turbo or supercharger or nos then check the fi forum.

on a side note, can you get the ford facons there in australia? how much?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ford BA Falcons = $30,789.74 US if your interested. 260kW @ 5250rpm and the extras are unreal, my dads got one! Bastard!
hehe

·
Registered
54 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Trey. What kinda gains is that gonna give me? HP? I'm sick and tired of of import turbo stockies blowing me away
would a Ford be a domestic in Australia?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Ford is a domestic here lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The BA Falcon - Kix butt! this image from Ford Australia

My old man loves it!
not fair

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Originally posted by jonszx3:
7,500 is not a lot of money first off. second, get over your ego. third, a car is not an investment. fourth, learn disiplin with your finances, speak to a financial advisor.
spend the money and your car will be faster, but your money is gone. invest your money and your money will make money. racing cars can make you feel good. but if you need to race a car to feel good than you have a sad life. ill let the sponsors take it from here, good luck with your focus...

Jon
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Shut up. Your post is worthless.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
that was kind of an asshole post. but if you want to make your car fast go with the kinda thing trey was talkin about. you could get 200+ hp with that setup.
You can get the starter kit from turbo tom at www.focus-power.com. the starter kit runs $2200. Then get his MIC, $815. Look around on the net for a nice front mount intercooler. Then you can get a 65mm throttle body. a 3" exaust from yodude or someone like that. stock cams work great for a turbo kit. Turbo tom is still on stock cams i think and pushing 400+hp. find out how much it is to have it tuned where you are and if you have anything left over buy some internals like rods and sleeves and valve springs. you will still have to buy a turbo with toms starter kit but you have any choice you want that will fit. you will be able to go 250+ pretty easily and safely with that setup. if im wrong on some of this info im sorry. but i know im pretty close to correct.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
oops..just looked at the starter kit and it comes with the front mount.
STarter kit: 2200
MIC: 815
turbo : 500 (high quote)
trottle bod: 300
exaust : 300
clutch and
flywheel : not to sure but you would need.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
stickers are by far the best bang for the buck mod. I have dynoed the Type-R stickers and have made as much as 25hp. this varies on the size of the sicker, and where it is placed. rebadging the zx3 with SVT badges will give around 5hp. certain areodynamic gains can be achieved by making your car a bilboard for different performance parts companies. whether you have the parts or not. anyway, aside from the lecture. if you dont know how to do the work, get quotes on labor before you spend everything. a turbo sitting in your garage wont do much for you. just something to remember

Jon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dear Jon, Congrats - you have successfully made people like yourself, and yourself only laugh into stitches, I applaud you!
What I spend my money on is completely up to me, and after your post it seems to me that you have nothing better to do than to annoy people who are new to the game. Well that's me hope you enjoyed this comeback I'm sure you were waiting for it, hope it doesn't bother you
$$$$$ That turbo sticker sounds great, maybe I'll even Dyno a nut on my back left wheel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seriously This is what I would get

Crower Stroker kit 2500$ I think
Toms Kit Mic`d and custom tuned 5000 last i checked.

Also dish out a little more 1100 for the FC 1800 pound clutch with the lighter fly wheel.
Buy slicks 300

Beat some rice ass priceless

You should be well over 500 at the wheels when your done and tuned in.. my price list in 1400 dollars long but it would absolutly destroy damn near any import or domestic for that matter you ran into... High 11 second car with a good driver definatly. Then you need to save for when your tranny goes to hell and get the quife after taht to handle the power.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Originally posted by Counterfiend:
oops..just looked at the starter kit and it comes with the front mount.
STarter kit: 2200
MIC: 815
turbo : 500 (high quote)
trottle bod: 300
exaust : 300
clutch and
flywheel : not to sure but you would need.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">probably closer to 700 for a good rebuilt one from Majestic Turbo in Waco, TX. Plus you need a blow off valve and a wastegate... and i would also get a profec-B boost controller. the the throttle body will only be 200-250 and about 500 for a clutch and flywheel if you care to do so. i would use the stock one til i rebuilt the motor and also install a quaife LSD at that time.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
7,500 is not a lot of money first off. second, get over your ego. third, a car is not an investment. fourth, learn disiplin with your finances, speak to a financial advisor.
spend the money and your car will be faster, but your money is gone. invest your money and your money will make money. racing cars can make you feel good. but if you need to race a car to feel good than you have a sad life. ill let the sponsors take it from here, good luck with your focus...

Jon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts