Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone can fill in the rest of the story..... I just heard on the local news here in Pittsburgh that somewhere in the U.S. tonight a <font color="red">$700,000 </font><font color="black"> </font> Ferrari was stolen. The anchor reported that a man with NO license had a salesman take him for a test drive. Once on the road the prospective buyer asked if he could drive the car back to the dealership(normal). When they got out to switch seats the guy locked the passenger side door on exit, jumped in the drivers seat, ditched the salesman and was never seen again! Sounds like an inside job to me. Any other info., please post.

Later

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
the Brit mags have been reporting that all 550? or so Enzo's had already been sold before the first one was built. I GUESS dealerships could be some of the buyers they mentioned, but it seemed (from EVO, CAR, and TopGear)like individuals had already been lined up..

[censored] story

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
not enzo...F50

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
uh...doesn't ferraris come with lojack built in?
not at all, lo-jack only works if the local police have paid for the searcher parts used to find the vehicle with lo-jack installed, so even if every car was made with it installed, it would only work in major metro cities that have it.

I think On-star type options work all over the U.S. but it's pretty easy to pull the antena off to steal the car.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
uh...doesn't ferraris come with lojack built in?
not at all, lo-jack only works if the local police have paid for the searcher parts used to find the vehicle with lo-jack installed, so even if every car was made with it installed, it would only work in major metro cities that have it.

I think On-star type options work all over the U.S. but it's pretty easy to pull the antena off to steal the car.
Even with the antenna off, it would still register with the cellular networks in strong areas.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
...but it requires more than a yahoo to hide it within seconds, in traffic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts