Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Pro-Flow 70mm MAF used, along with my JRSC, cam gears, pulleys, 65mm TB, and injectors. When I had it all finally installed, I was having serious idle issues. It would just not hold an idle...Always stalling out. So I started Troubleshooting by first swapping the 70mm MAF with the stock one, and bam - perfect Idle. I reset my ECU and everything, so it's not that. do I have a bad MAF or what?

·
Registered
173 Posts
may be a stupid question, but is the 70mm tuned for the injectors your running?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You absolutely must have the correct COB curve for whatever injectors you are using, whether they are stock or larger than stock. Call Pro-flo if there is a question about this.
A setup trick I found very useful is this-after installing a new injector/MAFS combo and after resetting the computer, start the car up without touching the gas at all, and let the car idle for about 15-20 minutes. I had the same problem after installing my 30lb injector/recal mafs combo and this startup procedure worked wonders-my car now idles fine. Let us know if this helps.
Have you dyno tested your car? I am curious as you have a similar setup to mine, except I don't have cam gears and I have water injection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts