Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
many many ppl have it... its good for some extra ponies, programable for injectors, fi applications, more air than the slim stock maf

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I got some extra power when I installed my 70mm mafs, but I think the biggest advantage from it is that it can let in more air. This is most noticeable if you have cams or especially an FI setup on your engine where you can really make use of the extra air the mafs will allow. Putting the two side by side shows just how small the stock unit is. It is one part of reducing restriction on the intake and on the exhaust-letting the engine breath better is always good.

2000ZX3 JRSC, 65mmtb, 70MM MAFS, modified Volant, JBA, Random tech, MBRP.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Doesnt work on a aem cai does it? can it utilize the aem pipe diameter? or is the housing larger too? I know there are old topics on this, but aem answers were hard to come by..(straight ones that is)

robert

·
Registered
30 Posts
would it make a difference when useing it with a cold air intake?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm pretty sure the diameter is larger than most CAI pipes. I had to special order some 3 1/4" flex hose to fit the 70MM mafs. The 3 1/4 hose was a little too arge for the 65MM tb, but still worked.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
the aem piping is even smaller than stock, when i hooked up my 70mm to my old short ram...it just plainly looked stupid...and i couldn't see it performing too well...besides, u would have to cut the aem to fit this in.

·
Registered
489 Posts
ya i understand...ok thanks man, oh well back to the drawing board....

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the MAC short ram, will this thing work, I had to use the entire Stock TB on the MAC, so will this bolt right up to it or will it need modification?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Rob got hosed lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Get a 3.0 Ranger Maf, it fit my AEM and I dynoes 10 whp more with it. Go to a junkyard and get it.

Miguel

·
Registered
391 Posts
focuSTZ
Member # 5577 posted 12-08-2002 05:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the MAC short ram, will this thing work, I had to use the entire Stock TB on the MAC, so will this bolt right up to it or will it need modification?

Yeah it will work. I have both now, took some hacking of the bracket for the MAC system but after a hour or two it was together and works awsome. E-mail me with any questions, [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts