Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: I need a new negative battery terminal, *not* the entire cable assembly. I checked two local Ford dealerships for prices, and they both quoted me $82 for the cable assembly. I also check a couple dealerships via parts.com, and the best price I found there was a slightly-less painful $65 and change, but since all I need is the terminal what am I to do? It's really interesting as far as the junkyards go around here....there are tons of Foci on the road, consequently there are accidents involving Foci in this area. However, none of the local junkyards have a single wrecked Focus on the yard? Where do they all go, to wrcfan's backyard?!
I'm going to put a want-to-buy in the classifieds now, maybe that'll get me somewhere....but I'm not paying $60 for a battery terminal! Go ahead and call me cheap! I don't care!!!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I replaced my posi terminal with a universal one from autozone

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
just get a pair of them from a popular car stereo brand..much better quality and looks...but get a small one so the battery cover still fits...it wont fit over my Optima yellow top...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts