Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a compression ratio of 9:0. I like a high reving engine........ i would like the peak power to be up in the higher end of the rpm .like the integras. I have my reasons. this engine will be boosted.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
well if you're gonna be boosted and drop the compression to 9:1, then you'll need pistons... so just get some strong rods, and I'd upgrade the valve springs and you should be good to go to about 8500 rpm easily.

·
Registered
111 Posts
huh? FI tends to knock your rpm's down just like a stroker...the turbine/sc is artifical displacement so it wont rev as hi. my suggestion, 10.5 or more c/r rods, pistons, balanced and the key ingredient, intake manifold

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
You CAN build a high-revving boosted engine, but the real question is why? The entire point of boost is to shift the entire torque curve so that you make more power in the rev-range that matters. (Unless you've build a dyno-queen turbo that doesn't make boost until 5000RPM.....)

·
Registered
112 Posts
the guy doesn't want to make power down low...he made that clear, he wants to rev high and make his power high in the rpm range. That being said you will need rods and pistons. I would also check into a stronger vavle train. Then you can rev at those RPMs. Boosted engines can turn just as many RPMs as an N/A motor... it depends on how you tune the boost and motor...

·
Registered
409 Posts
with a properly balanced rotating assembly it can be done - NASCAR & open wheel racers do it all the time. I have a DSM that can crank it up that high with a DYNO QUEEN turbo that creates 25 lbs of boost but doesn't start to spool until 4500 rpm. Wanna watch me run low 11's? Sorry to sound like a smart *$$, and I should add it breaks things frequently. The one thing to remember is when you take an engine out of it's comfort range you're asking for issues.
Sometimes those problems can run $4000 each plus the tow truck driver's fees.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
just do rods and pistons and a gt30r or t3t4 u will make the power up high i just dont see why u dont go for a HP and not a rpm goal

·
Registered
409 Posts
Forgot to add these things:
1) drop your compression ratio even lower, like 8 to 1 or 8.5 to 1 and boost yourself silly - higher than that will cause too much heat when you are reving dangerously high
2) don't skimp on the ignition system
3) call Turbonetics and tell them what you want to do and let them give you a few suggestions for the parts. Most guys I know go to them when they need something past "plug & play" turbos.

·
Registered
111 Posts
with a properly balanced rotating assembly it can be done - NASCAR & open wheel racers do it all the time. I have a DSM that can crank it up that high with a DYNO QUEEN turbo that creates 25 lbs of boost but doesn't start to spool until 4500 rpm. Wanna watch me run low 11's? Sorry to sound like a smart *$$, and I should add it breaks things frequently. The one thing to remember is when you take an engine out of it's comfort range you're asking for issues.
Sometimes those problems can run $4000 each plus the tow truck driver's fees.
spoken like a true scholar and gentleman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts