Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either the pinout on SCT's site is wrong, or my XCal2 or software appear to be hosed. Here is the pinout from SCT's site. LINK

I have 2.X volts (measured) coming out of the male pin labelled on the pinout as "Analog 1", and I have tried both grounding and not grounding what is labelled on the pinout as "ground". I have tried using both a lower case and upper case "V" in the analog configuration in the software to attempt to get just a simple voltage log to see if things are working. In all cases, almost without surprise, I find that something is fouled up and I get 0 volts indicated for analog 1 during logging.

Is that pinout wrong? Or is the XCal2 or Software the problem?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Rod you have to use analog 2 it setup to read 5 volts, analog 1 is for narrow ban O2 sensors. I know you read that at SCT. So the voltage will be off, look at whats coming out of analog 2 and you should fine that its working.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Ryan from SCT just replied to my post on MD... that pinout I linked above from the SCT / XCal2 / FAQ is wrong. Analog 1 should be the pin on the far right, in the middle row vertically. The ground and Analog 2 pins in the linked pic in my first post are supposed to be correct. I will follow up after I try it with the correct pin.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rod you have to use analog 2 it setup to read 5 volts, analog 1 is for narrow ban O2 sensors. I know you read that at SCT. So the voltage will be off, look at whats coming out of analog 2 and you should fine that its working.
Where did you see that the Analog 1 wasn't for 0-5v?

It seems to be working just fine, though I am only idling in the garage so far, operating at about 2.4v, or stoich.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is this working ok for you? Are you able to log the wideband with the xcal with out issues? I ask because I got the go ahead from Sarah (we came to an agreement that she could get the bar/counter thing that she and Darla saw in olympia if I could get this...
) to get a wideband, and I was impressed with the AEM unit you got.

Also, I was planing on getting the AEM with the lambda readout instead of the A/F. Is there any downside to this that I could be missing? I cant think of any.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far seems to be working just dandy.

The gauge readout only really matters for, well, reading. The instructions say both of these output 0-5V... so which ever you prefer it seems.

The 5v analog output you connect to the XC2 is of course just volts.... and you input a conversion formula in the Live Link analog channel configuration to convert that to something you want to view on your data graph.

It would be kind of nice to hook up a map sensor to analog 2 just for fun. A guy on MD did a nice write up on how to do it, GM part number, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts