Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site. Just wondering if I can get some help. Just like the subject I have $900 what should I spend it on? Currently, I have AEM CAI, FC T/B,FC 3 piece pulley kit, FS stress bar and dropped 2' front 2'2 rear. I want performance so, please no exterior mods cuz I'm trying to go for a sleeper look. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
a full exh solution 1st and foremost. after thats done, c what u have left and save it 2wards ur next set of mods, whateva they may b. 5spd i'm guessin?

oh and welcome,

-Ult

[ 02-19-2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
how about some dampers to help out the poor suspension, and a cat-back/flex-pipe

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, I was wondering, is it really necessary to have a flex pipe if you get a new exhaust? I have heard different responses all around.

·
Registered
120 Posts
new set of grounding wires (pretty cheap), exhaust, motor mounts, or you might be able to find a place to do some machining work if you're not worried about voiding the warranty... those a just a few ideas

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
no sense in doin all that good exh work, then skimp by passin on a flex...still is 1 of my fav mods, and close 2 the top of value/dollar.

-Ult

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is this a good idea?
1) FC race header, bosal catback and bosal flexpipe. $793 I don't need a cat if I get the headers right?
2) MAC street header, bosal catback, bosal flexpipe and FC CAT pipe. $914
What do you guys think? if its not good please let me know whats right
by the way I have a 5-speed Thanks for the reply guys

·
Registered
104 Posts
donate it to yours truely

I would go with a full exhaust, race header, flex and cat-back....it'll give your car a good kick in the arse, and make it sound like a beast
Well, whatever you get, enjoy!!!!

-jase

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH so I still need a cat-pipe if I get the race headers?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
huh?...cat pipe?..."race"=eminates cat..so unless u add a flex in a different spot and put the cat near the flez, you won't be having a cat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh okay okay..... How loud is this thing gonna be?? How much HP gain am I looking for with all this mod that I have??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What if I just get FC cam gears? would that give me any gains w/out the full exhaust system just having CAI, FC T/B and 3 piece pulley kit and tuned cam gears. also, when should I get a performance chip? or should I get performance chip or S-AFC?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
do the exhaust and such...most bolt ons, then do dyno n the cam gears. do the chip...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by TWnRB:
Oh okay okay..... How loud is this thing gonna be?? How much HP gain am I looking for with all this mod that I have??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it's gonna be loud. i had a bosal with a hi-flow cat and it was louder than i wanted to deal with on a daily basis. get the FS stealth catback if you want it quiet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
can't tell what hp your going to have unless you have the cam gears dyno'd...i can give a wide guess...but its not worth it..cause u never know.
also, i don't know personally what you think loud is, so i'm not sure...but it will def give u drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, i have my lil boy in the car all the time and he's 9 months so i don't want it too loud

·
Registered
50 Posts
so what exactly does highway drone sound like? cause im about to put in a FC race header, bosal flex pipe, and borla catback this weekend. we have a 12 hour drive to myrtle beach in april, am i gonna be deaf and insane from it or can i just turn up the radio??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
sound like...umm dunno how to explain it. but it kinda blends in with everything and the noise sticks in the back of your mind. i love it

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
a good alternative to the race header setup (at least for legality and noise issues) would be:
Random Tect High Flow Cat + Bosal Flex Pipe + Focus Sport Quiet Exhaust. you won't have all the hp gains as a race header, but that setup would be more than tolerable as far as noise and would still be emmissions friendly. a shorty header is a waste of money as far as i'm concerned. the cat is the big issue as far as power is concerned.

Nate

1 - 20 of 31 Posts