Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo.. I just bought a set of these the other day, and was curious as to how much HP these can handle before they hit 100% duty cycle.

I will be installing these things, along with an Electromotive TEC II and take a trip up to 8 mile to have Lidio tune it.

Just curious as to what HP they max out at.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I can't answer your ? but...
Are those low impedence injectors? If they are will the TEC II drive them?
And does Lidio now have the ATX tuning software?
P.S.
Please respond to my post in the Automatic Upgrades thread.

[ 10-18-2002, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Leadfoot/S2 ]

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think he has it yet, but by the time I am all finished with it..he should hopefully.

they are Ford Racing injectors and I dont know if they are low impedence or not? Any way to tell?

·
Registered
645 Posts
They almost have to be low impedence if you didn't buy specially flowed high impedence injectors for big $. Highs usually only go to something like 42Lbs/hr.
Tom uses 96 pounders and uses a low imedence driver for them.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
If you are not boosted and trying to make 400hp they are to big

I have 96`s in mine but im doing 326hp at the wheels and going for 400

stay with the 42`s or 50`s ther will be easier for him to make work on the street

tom

·
Registered
526 Posts
Originally posted by icemanZX3:

I will be installing these things, along with an Electromotive TEC II and take a trip up to 8 mile to have Lidio tune it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Have fun trying to find Lidio anywhere near 8-mile! Might have some fun at the strip bars down there, but no tuning...
More like 17 mile.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol yeah I know.. I meant Detroit.

I am shooting for 350 HP at the crank. Also, they are not in the car now.. they are going in when the Turbo is all installed and complete.. then have the car towed up to Detroit to have all the fuel related parts installed and tuned,(since I am not gonna drive 4 hours without any tuning on a stock computer system, afraid it will blow up)

so I am hoping the 96 lbers will do the job nicely.

I also have a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump on order too, to help matters some.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Like i said before the 96`s are to big at 15%drive train loss that would only be 300hp range and the 50`s will do this just fine

with doing 326hp at the wheels i am useing 62%of the 96`s that comes out to about 370hp,50`s will do just fine

tom

·
Registered
232 Posts
Iceman have you talked to Lidio about this.I dont beleive he has the software to do an auto.Where are you getting your turbo? 350 hp at the crank is alot in an auto!Are you going to build up the tranny as well.I beleive some of the guys on here are at like 190 with an auto,but 300-350 I think you are kinda living in a fantasy world.Are you totally rebiulding your whole motor? I thought I had a good job,I need to get a job with you so I can buy all that stuff.

SCHROED

1 - 10 of 10 Posts