Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, This is my first post here and I'm glad to be here. I'm very excited to say that I'm the first Focus that I know of that is being sponsered by Racer X with $10,000 to spend on my car....now the question is what should I spend it on. I already have the basic stuff like intake, exhaust, header, suspension, and lightings. I was thinking about going with a JRSC but I read about GUDE's bolt on turbo system for about $2,300. I'm going to give them a call and see what happends I guess. Well, I would like the jets opinion...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
are you going for big power or 'more' power???

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Another question would be what do you already have done to the car? And I mean beside what you already have listed.

[ 12-10-2002, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: fast_focus_1 ]

·
Registered
723 Posts
you need to talk to 1turbofocus, he'll get you into the 12's. focus central is also developing a turbo kit which appears to have the same power potential.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
1. The JRSC is OK if you only want to make 170-200 flyhweel horsepower.

2. My opinion based on the experiences of people here and the informaiton I have about thier products and engineering methods is that you should avoid Gude at all costs.

3. Go here:
http://www.focus-power.com/

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by spankenstein:
Talk to 1turbofocus. If anyone will get you 12s, it will be him.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I second...Just send it to Tom.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'll help you narrow your choices very quickly.
DO NOT BUY THE JRSC if you want to run 12's. I
own one and I REALLY LIKE IT, but there's no way
in hell you'll get the power you need to turn that
low of an ET. Believe me, it was not designed for
more than 9lbs boost MAX. To get to higher boosts
you have to have it resurfaced and spend almost as much as the initial kit costs, and 12 -13 lbs
is absolute max before nothing more can be done.
The benefit to the unit is reliability and smoothness. JRSC kit $2700 + Endyne refit $1800 (ceramic coating / refit to blower & manifold) for
13lbs is no bargain compared to about $5000 for a
turbo that will go 16-20lbs and up. Oh yeah, turbos run off exhaust gas; SC run off the crank pulley. This makes turbos more power efficient
since you don't give back hp to the engine & accessories.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
How do you go about getting sponsored??? Are there specific qualifications that your car has to have?? Thanks

Oh and one last thing. Definatly go with a turbo. I know multiple people with JRSC that sold them for turbos.

[ 12-10-2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Infra_Red_ZX3 ]

·
Registered
124 Posts
What exactly is Racer X and how can I get in touch with them? I wouldn't mind getting that kind of money for a sponsorship.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by spankenstein:
Talk to 1turbofocus. If anyone will get you 12s, it will be him.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ditto...damn, I wish I had that kind of $$$ to spend on my car, congratulations!

·
Registered
645 Posts
You'll need more money!

·
Registered
144 Posts
rip out the zetec and put in a v8

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, if anybody here is interested in getting a sponsership, just e-mail me your 411, pictures of your car, your mods, futures mods, and if you're willing to travel 3,000 miles to a car show. Then I'll recomend you to Racer-X.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by ulackfocus:
Oh yeah, turbos run off exhaust gas; SC run off the crank pulley. This makes turbos more power efficient
since you don't give back hp to the engine & accessories.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is partly true. On a N/A engine, the exhaust system needs to flow well for the engine to make good power. Put a turbo into the mix, then the exhaust flow is hampered(most street turbo's)to spin the impeller.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Tom can throw 30 lbs @ it , "or so I've heard" *cough* *ponders why he is still buy ing stupid crap and thinking of a SVT when he could be saving towards a turbo...**

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why would you have to drive three thousand miles to go to a show

And I would highly consider it for $10,000

1 - 20 of 20 Posts