Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The Maybach isn't all that interesting to me... except for one minor detail.

6080 lbs of bulk that can do 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.

That's some gawddamn serious power.

·
Registered
744 Posts
all I have to say...

"Mass is the enemy of performance. At least it would be if you had fewer than 12 cylinders backed up by two turbochargers. The turbos blow a massive 18.9 psi of boost into the 5.5-liter V-12. Out the back end of the engine come 543 horsepower and 664 pound-feet of torque. Maybach says the engine produces power "everywhere," which is an overstatement since it makes no power at all in Csere's left nostril. Still, routing all that power through a five-speed automatic transmission to the rear 19-inch Michelins (an easy upgrade away from 22-inch "dubs") results in an almost incomprehensibly quick 0-to-60-mph sprint of 4.9 seconds. That is quicker than a Porsche Boxster S. It may weigh a few hundred pounds more than a Chevy Suburban, but the Maybach has a power-to-weight ratio better than the Honda S2000 roadster's."

~and then~

"The 57 is the 'driver's car.'" I was planning to spend 16 lines making fun of that PR-guy one-liner. I mean, c'mon, 6080 pounds of leather-lined isolation tank [censored] champagne bar is a "driver's car"? Owner-operator's maybe. To gather fodder for my harangue, I drove the back roads to work as if being pursued by paparazzi with Snoop Dogg in the back. And danged if the thing doesn't actually work. It accelerates, brakes, and corners at g levels that could decant an entire bottle of "Bolly" without removing it from its precious little holder. Nonetheless, this car is about the back seat, which is why I can't imagine not popping for the ultralux 62. —Frank Markus

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I like this part

Highs: Rap-star owners can easily hook up PlayStation
. Power, ride, and braking better than your car's. Hood ornament can double as a barbecue grill.

Lows: The serfs are insufficiently impressed. Droopy nose and bum. Our Dom didn't fit in the champagne-bottle holder.

The Verdict: Maybach Manufaktur builds one for Eminem, who may never know how good it really is.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Car and Driver has some of the funniest articles.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
That is one car I would never want to own. It's just TOO Dam big, and not something you can drive your self. I don't know, I kind of like driving my self. As it is I spend $1000 a month for the privilege.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts