Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this is kind of weird. My AC compressor works - when I send power to it turns on and the AC gets all nice and cold. But when I press the AC button, the relay doesn't click, and it doesn't turn on the compressor. I was told this was due to a faulty ECU.

Also, if I use my remote entry to unlock the doors, it blows the fuse. I was told this too was an ECU issue. I've done a little digging and right on top of the ECU is a little box that says something about lock remotes and alarm systems. Could I just replace that? Or would that throw a security flag just the same as if I tried to swap ECUs?

Would getting a new ECU fix this? Or could I just get it reprogrammed? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: A/C issue & door lock issue

Ecu has nothing to do with the remote unlock this is controlled via the gem module. Do you have climate control? What do you mean if you send power to it? You connect a power source to the ac clutch directly? If so maybe your ac clutch (coil) is pulling to much current and needs to be replaced. Happened to me everytime i pressed the ac button it burned the 58 fuse. Just replaced the coil and now its all fine. Also it can be something really weird going on :)

By burning the remote unlock fuse, which fuse do you mean exactly?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts