Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Car Below $26k, here\'s your requirements...

Yeah, I know I may have done something similar to this once or twice, but it really does help. I have a few requirements for you all to abide by:

PICK A VEHICLE!

- Must be BRAND NEW (03,04,05MY)
- No GM products
- No Kia products
- Needs to hold 4 people, small rear seats do count.
- Needs to hold 2 crazy dogs from time to time.
- Easy cleanup
- Above 19mpg hwy.
- Under $26k obviously. Keep in mind, I won't pay over invoice for a car. I have ways to do this. So this can mean something like a $28k car. The cheaper the quicker I get it.
- Safety (5 stars)
- Looks aren't that big of a thing, see examples below.
- The car will be driven 250+/- miles a week, take this into consideration, on College campus and to work.
- Minimal depreciation. No ford, eh?
- I am 6'4", 240lbs.
- No preference on body styles.

A few examples: Honda Element, Acura TSX, MINI Cooper.

Hope to hear some good stuff come up. You all really know your stuff.

Andrew

[ 04-20-2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: AnythingButAFocus ]

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: A Car Below $26k, here\'s your requirements...

I don't understand this post whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

altima or mazda 6 or closeout 02 maxima

ill add the tsx to this list

[ 04-21-2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: ZX3guy182 ]

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts

Well when you say "car" do u just mean car, or do u also want to consider a SUV. Also what kind of car? Hatch back, sedan? Do u prefer a faster car, better handling, or smoother ride? Can't really help cuz I would need allot more info?!

(also as a side note how come you wont consider anything from KIA? I really like there Soreinto SUV)

Acura TSX
mazda 6

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by rpvitiello:
Well when you say "car" do u just mean car, or do u also want to consider a SUV. Also what kind of car? Hatch back, sedan? Do u prefer a faster car, better handling, or smoother ride? Can't really help cuz I would need allot more info?!

(also as a side note how come you wont consider anything from KIA? I really like there Sorrento SUV)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Car, SUV, Hatch, Sedan, any. No preferences.

I don't trust KIA just yet.

Andrew

·
Registered
702 Posts

How about a WRX Wagon.

·
Registered
288 Posts

I'd say Mazda RX-8
WRX (wagon or sedan)
Mach 1 Mustang
SVT ZX5 Focus
I think the G35 Infiniti is close to that price...

·
Registered
751 Posts

Well you didn't say how big the dogs were

MB C230 sport coupe??
VW Jetta 1.8t or VR6??
BMW 325i($27,800 msrp)

·
Registered
222 Posts

I would get a TSX. They are just nice. You can haul some people in nice luxury but the sport is there if you need it. It may not have the performance of some of the other cars in that price bracket but it would probably give you more satisfaction in the long run.

·
Registered
318 Posts

take your pick!

Rsx/tsx(personally i would get the RXS typeS and spend the extra $ on mods before i bought the tSX), Audi a4 sedan, Dodge sprinter,SRT-4, Mazda rx8, Mercedes C-class hatch, PT Turbo, Accord, Cr-v, Mazda 6, Miata, Mazdaspeed, Protégé 5, Tribute, Mini, Matrix, Subaru baja, WRX, GTI 1.8t, Jetta

i dunno about the saftey rating for these cars, but i would assume thats a pretty decent list.

·
Registered
248 Posts

I would think a VW Golf TDI would meet your requirements perfectly. Make sure and get the automatic transmission. It will really help the resale.

·
Registered
320 Posts

buy a Scion BBX

·
Registered
13 Posts

GTi 1.8T

·
Registered
190 Posts

Honda Accord V6 4 doors would be my first pick for you. It has decent engine, interior, fuel milage, and extremely good resale value. However, the car looks ugly IMHO.

Nissan Altima 3.5 would be my second pick for you. It has a great V6, decent looking exterior, and ok fuel milage. However, I would not purchase this car either with cheapo interior and ugly tail lights.

Mazda 6 would be my third choice for you. It has ok engine, ok look, decent interior, and decent fuel milage. However, if you want it, I would suggest you to go no less than top-of-the-line model with aero kit. Anything less than that looks extremely plain IMHO.

Honda CRV EX would be my fourth choice for you. It has decent engine, decent interior (if you like rock hard seating), decent space, great fuel milage, and excellent resale value. I think this would be the best one to fit your requirments. However, you can't buy this car under MSRP unless miracle happened.

Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute would be my fifth and last choice for you. They have decent engine (3L V6), great interior (extremely comfy seating), luxurious (in XLT/Limited/SE models), large space, decent fuel milage, and decent resale value (compare it with CRV EX, for some reasons, Ford cars sucks on resale but Ford trucks retain value nicely.). As for negatives, you would have to live with possible recalls (You should be used to it by now.
) and Ford's Quality Care.

As for cars you listed...

Element - cool styling, excellent utility, and decent fuel milage. At the same time, you will need to live with scratches on those plastic fenders, weak performance (0-60 4x4/Auto well above 10sec), paying MSRP, and certain folks laughing at your car on the road (I won't
).

TSX - cool styling, excellent fuel milage, and decent interior. At the same time, you will need to live with small interior (I saw so many guys trying to get in and out of that car at the car show today!), hard as rock Honda signature seating, the fact that 26K gets you a NA 4 banger, and paying MSRP (or more!).

Mini - If you are over 6 feet tall, don't even think about it. You would have enough workout everyday by just trying to get in and out of the car. By the way, it can barely carry anything except ONE passanger!

Well, there you have it. All of the above is my opinion on these cars. I would suggest you to do some leg works to find exactly what you want. Others and myself can only tell you "what we think and what we like". Only you can determine "what you want and what you like". Goodluck.

·
Registered
33 Posts

the6148 thanks for the compliment on the Escape and Tribute seats. I work at the plant that builds them, but oh if you only knew some of the tricks we use.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts